• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy Rear Reflector -- doesn't need chrome piece

Berkel

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey guys -- I'm back for more stuff!

--

Doesn't need bulbs or anything. Just looking for something with no chips or big scratches!

ALSO - if anyone has any new monroe trunk struts, I will take those also. Tired of my car trying to kill me.

Hey guys -- I'm back for more stuff!

--

Doesn't need bulbs or anything. Just looking for something with no chips or big scratches!

ALSO - if anyone has any new monroe trunk struts, I will take those also. Tired of my car trying to kill me.

im going to be swapping out my contour rear for a mytique one tomorrow. Mine is in good shape but the top plate bolts are worn out. If you want it we can work something out. And i know where to get trunk truts ill send you the link tomorrow.

im going to be swapping out my contour rear for a mytique one tomorrow. Mine is in good shape but the top plate bolts are worn out. If you want it we can work something out. And i know where to get trunk truts ill send you the link tomorrow.
Thanks Sam. Worn out as in 'siezed' or are the threads bad? If I can get the nuts tight I have no worries.

I actually had some monroe struts on order from Amazon.. $30 shipped for the pair. I cancelled it when I found out I needed a new reflector though. Just wondered if anybody had some laying around that they didn't need.

If anyone needs a project piece or anything

FREE pick up TOLEDO.

No shipping since it won't be worth it.

I was trying to speed up the dry-time for the adhesive for the chrome trim with a propane heater. Obviously 3-4 feet is WAY too close :(

3kml.jpg

wmcz.jpg

Thanks Sam. Worn out as in 'siezed' or are the threads bad? If I can get the nuts tight I have no worries.

I actually had some monroe struts on order from Amazon.. $30 shipped for the pair. I cancelled it when I found out I needed a new reflector though. Just wondered if anybody had some laying around that they didn't need.

threads are done. I have 2 allen bolts in there now and they basically push in and pull out but havent fallen nor has the tag. Ive driven the car a couple hundred miles and they have held on. I havent checked the backing to see if you can access it to get to put nuts on though.

threads are done. I have 2 allen bolts in there now and they basically push in and pull out but havent fallen nor has the tag. Ive driven the car a couple hundred miles and they have held on. I havent checked the backing to see if you can access it to get to put nuts on though.
okay.

Im gonna check out a few junkyards so I don't waste your time with shipping, but I can figure something out with the threads if I have to.

Thanks Sam!

The threads are stipped. I have 2 allen bolts in there right now and they just push in and out. They havent falled off neither has my tag. I have driven the car a couple hundred miles without a problem. I havent checked the backing to see if you can get access to put nuts on though.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back