• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

radiator cooling fans

BrApple

No Life But CEG
well when ever I turn the car off now I can hear the bearings in the fan making noise. what I would like to know is if the duratec dual fans and a direct workign plug and play repalcement or if the motors from the duratec fans can be swapped for the zetec one.

I would say probably not since the single fan does both speeds on the Zetec while the there is a dedicated fan for each speed on the Duratec

I would say probably not since the single fan does both speeds on the Zetec while the there is a dedicated fan for each speed on the Duratec

both fans run both speeds as far as I know. I seem to recall someone putting the dual fans into a zetec, or that some zetec come with the dual fans. I have a spare set of fans that I could use if I had to/can use them.

the wiring is also different to power both fans. But im sure you could wire up that bit of the harness and it would work. just steal it from a junked V6. :shrug:

I have a v6 fan ans wiring. if it plug and play great I will install it. if not I rather not mess with the wiring on my 95 more then I have to.

If you need a single zetec '95 fan, I still have mine for sale. Let me know if you can't get something figured out.

Back