• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

???/??R17 ?? :)

8000RPM

CEG'er
hey guys. i've been reading somewhat and i see people saying different things. probably the questin has been asked before, but i am thinking of buting 17" wheels for my CSVT...so what is the widest tire i can put on the car, without having clearence problems? or what would be the best size?

now i have stock svt wheels with 225/50R16. the car is lowered with eibach springs and stock stuts/shocks, so that's what worries me the most.

would 225/45R17 be the ideal? thanks

yes you could also put a 235 on but i would go with a 40 profile or smaller i cant remember what everyones profiles are but i know you can put 235s on safely

i'm on 225 45 17 nittos. they rub a tiny bit when turned all the way. if you want to run a wider tire, you have to go with a shorter tire. like a 40 series. because the sidewalls will bubble out wider usually on taller tires. it all depends on the profile of the tire though.

235/40-17's are the closest to OEM hight. You should check out the long thread about this subject in this forum. Basically.... you may or may not need to roll your fenders with that sized tire. I didn't need to roll my fenders, but you're always going to need to pound down the rear meat slicer if you go with wider and/or taller tires.

225/45/17

753022_128_full.jpg

235's will fit, but ONLY if your wheels have a good offset. The closest size to keep your speedometer right on is 40 for height, but I went with 235/45/17's because I wanted a little bit more meat between my rims and the road!

SVTwithozsandSE010.jpg

Back