• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

question

blind

New CEG'er
Just wondering is it possible to turbo or supercharge the zetec? and if so what kinda of modifications are there and how difficult?

Well you can turbo and supercharge the zetec...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Striker2 has a custom built turbo setup and Hector's old ride, a Jackson Racing Supercharged zetec.

you could have at least used a recent pic of my engine bay :p:D:D

Picture002-1.jpg

right now im making more power than any other zetec on CEG and more than most 3L swaps :crazy::D:D

What tunning is needed to the engine?
the stock engine will handle that power just fine however i did install forged pistons and rods. you would need larger injectors (42# is what im running), a larger MAF (80 or 90mm mustang/lightning MAF), and a custom tune. if you really want to squeez the numbers out of it then add a set of adjustable cam gears.

If you have an automatic then the SC will be better. although you wont make quite as much power it will be easier on your trans.

If you have an auto....the supercharger will be your best bet. As long as there are no issues with it and was maintained. Definitely would add an external trans cooler (I used a B&M supercooler). Heat is what will kill your ATX.

Back