• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

question about h&r springs

nickysvt

CEG'er
ok I got some used h&r springs probably have a couple thousand miles on them, just installed them yesterday with some brand new kyb struts, just did the front for now. my question is why didn't it drop much? it only went down maybe half an inch, it should have gone down at least an inch. I would think with the springs having as many miles on them as they do that they would be compressed as far as there gonna go, am I wrong?

How many miles did you have on your old suspension? And how much of a gap do you have now between the top of the front tires and the fender? I have a 1" gap with Koni+H&R, but am also running slightly smaller diameter tires.

Have you driven the car any? Even though the set may be used, it may need to settle a tad bit, although, it doesn't have a settle time as a new suspension setup.

How many miles did you have on your old suspension? And how much of a gap do you have now between the top of the front tires and the fender? I have a 1" gap with Koni+H&R, but am also running slightly smaller diameter tires.

old springs/struts had about 100k miles on them so im sure they where sagging a little. right now there is probably inch gap and I am running a 215/35/19 inch tire.

Have you driven the car any? Even though the set may be used, it may need to settle a tad bit, although, it doesn't have a settle time as a new suspension setup.

no just put them on, I think you may be right though I think they just need to settle in a little bit.

Back