• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

question about 3 liter swaps

pickle svt

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I recently bought a contour svt the guy said he had a 3L ! My question is how can I look at it and tell if it is a hybrid or a port match ?

Easiest way I would say is pull the uim off and lim. Look and see if the heads have the bugzuki plates and two sets of injector valleys.

Remember bud this section is truly only for intro posts. Give us the details on your ride.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I'm new what is the uim and lim ? and what would mean I have a port match and what would mean I have hybrid

My 3L looks completely stock.

I'm pretty sure he knows that. I think he's simply trying to make it easier by seeing a pictureso as to point to the O.P what to physically take off the engine. Cuz from the looks of it, he seems to have a negligible amount of knowledge on car engines. Or maybe it's the acronym that threw him off.

I'm pretty sure he knows that. I think he's simply trying to make it easier by seeing a pictureso as to point to the O.P what to physically take off the engine. Cuz from the looks of it, he seems to have a negligible amount of knowledge on car engines. Or maybe it's the acronym that threw him off.

Ok :)

It doesn't matter if it "looks" stock to you. We may be able to determine if it's a hybrid or ported 3L from a picture.

I know what my stock 2.5 looked like and my 3.0 swap looks identical. You couldn't tell just from ONE photo of my engine bay. I'd have to take one of my LIM for you to even see anything. And that would still be hard to see cause of all the stuff in the way.

Maybe you professionals are magicians or something!! Lol..

Back