• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Quad Projector headlamps available to CEG once again?!

Icefury

Veteran CEG'er
I was searching around for Mondeo stuff on Ireland Ebay when I stumbled upon this vendor selling retrofitted Quad projectors for the Mondeo. This company is based out of England and are a power seller on Ebay.

While the Mondeo headlamps wont fit into the Contour without extensive modification, I bet they would retrofit the Contour headlamps if you send your headlamps to them and perhaps paid a little extra for their trouble. They already have the learning curve down, whatever build method they are using for the Mondeo headlamps would not require too much tweaking for the Contour headlamps. I cant see why they would not offer this to us.

There selling the Mondeo headlamps for an amazing $330.00 + shipping!! (Sterling to Dollar conversion)

a310_1_sbl.JPG

9aa8_2.JPG

Ebay Listings

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...BSS&itu=ISS%2BUCI%2BSI&otn=4#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...BSS&itu=ISS%2BUCI%2BSI&otn=4#ebayphotohosting

With Pudmunkie bowing out of the projector modding business, this vendor "might" just re-open the option of Quad Projector headlamps for CEG. Keep in mind, while the pics of these Mondeo ones look great (IMO) we know nothing of the build quality, ability to aim, what projectors they use, do they come with HID kits, etc. There are many questions that need answered before I would fork over my headlamps and money to these guys.

So who's going to pick up the ball on this one and look into it? :D

Direct Contact Info:
ULTIMATE STYLING LTD
SWINDON, WILTSHIRE
Payment Phone: 0870 4460850 (Mon-Fri during office hours)
Regular Phone: 0179 3495201 (I Think)

Email: sales@ultimatestyling.com

So who's going to pick up the ball on this one and look into it? :D

why dont you? dont you already have a killer set of quad projectors? i wouldnt mind getting a set of those if they can be had for $330 plus another $60 or so for shipping

why dont you? dont you already have a killer set of quad projectors? i wouldnt mind getting a set of those if they can be had for $330 plus another $60 or so for shipping

1. Because I do already have a killer set of Quad projectors, I'm not really motivated to do all the ground work necessary for this.

2. I dont have clean, unmodified, stock headlamps to send off to England for an undetermined amount of time for test fitting.

3. I dont have a cost effective way of making phone calls to the UK. Only so much can get done through email on a deal like this.

I've been reading up on MEG and the manufacturers recommend NOT using HID setups on these.

That hockey stick wannabe audi LED bar is so incredibly ugly. It's truly awful.

looks a bit better in this pic:
27c2a462ba67.jpg

black ones on a car:
lights.jpg

Keep in mind guys, they have not made Contour Quad Projectors. If they agree to make them for us,if you dont like or want the LED bar I'm sure it can be omitted (would probably lower the price). Furthermore, even if the projectors are halogen and not HID, you can still use them with HID bulbs (The Cougar folks do it all the time with good results). You can always swap out the projectors with HID's ones later.

If Ultimate Styling can reproduce quad projector headlamps for the Contour for anywhere close to the $350 Mondeo version (even if the projectors are halogen) it's a steal.

I don't think it'd end up being much cheaper. They'd still have to make new molds for the headlight housing, inner bezels, light mounts, lens, etc. Then there's the cost of them having to be shipped to the U.S. on top of that.

And even if they could be sold for say $450-500 shipped, they would be garbage parts like all the other ebay projectors. So you'd have the look but not the function and it would cost a fortune to ship them back, which no ebay company ever really reimburses, and then who knows how long it'll take to get replacement lights back. Just doesn't seem like its worth the hassle. For the cost you'd end up paying, I'd rather just build my own set with quality parts for less.

I don't think it'd end up being much cheaper. They'd still have to make new molds for the headlight housing, inner bezels, light mounts, lens, etc. Then there's the cost of them having to be shipped to the U.S. on top of that.

And even if they could be sold for say $450-500 shipped, they would be garbage parts like all the other ebay projectors. So you'd have the look but not the function and it would cost a fortune to ship them back, which no ebay company ever really reimburses, and then who knows how long it'll take to get replacement lights back. Just doesn't seem like its worth the hassle. For the cost you'd end up paying, I'd rather just build my own set with quality parts for less.

Alex, while I agree for $450-500 you could make your own and with better materials, the problem is few have the patience, time, and skill to pull off this mod on their own. There's a reason Pudmunkie charges what he does for his Quad Projectors. This is NOT a quick and easy mod by any stretch of the imagination. Having worked with Pud on my quad projector headlamps and helping him with the Hella 90mm projector fog lamps he pioneered, I have a very good idea of what goes into this mod. For the vast majority of people here wanting projector headlamps, buying them premade is the only option.

I'm not defending Ultimate Styling, we know almost nothing about them or the quality of stuff they offer. However, I dont think it's fair to label and stereotype these guys as junk peddlers when no one here has ever used anything from them. What we do know about them is they are an Ebay power seller, with 74,000+ feedback with a 99.1% positive feedback rating. While I realize this is a synthetic benchmark, it's no small feat. With some many products being offered it's obvious they have pretty deep pockets of operating capital and are not some fly by night organization. These guys also publish their phone number and supply a number of Peugeot and Ford Main Dealers, and some independent BMW and Jaguar dealers in the UK. I think at a glance, factored with our very limited options, there worth looking into.

I'm not trying to say the retro fitting is easy as I have been around Pud's garage since the first set he made was pioneered. But I think if one was willing to spend that much that they'd be willing to put forth the effort into building their own. There is enough information out there to have a "mild to wild" retro fit.

I guess I didn't really mean to take a shot at them being a sub-par company, but to mass produce such a product at a low cost, the cheap price has to come from somewhere otherwise these lights would be much more expensive. And for that, most companies will try to bow out in cheaper products, or lower quality parts used in assembly. Especially in an application such as this where there is not much, if at all any, competition. That competition being headlights for such an application where there is no real alternative option. If there were tons of options then I could believe quality parts at a low cost because a company, not necessarily Ultimate Styling, can simply copy the design and doesn't have to pay the overhead associated with the R&D of the produce development. Thus offering a much cheaper alternative.

For example, while searching for WRX exhausts, there are many that sell for $700+, but some ebay companies can offer them out of same high quality materials for easily less than $200 shipped to your door. This is mainly because it was very easy to mimic another company's design by purchasing one exhaust as the original, and simply building a template from that. This allows them to make a strong stand in the aftermarket crowd by offering such a low cost system, and they can still make equal or more profit than the company that had to cover all those overhead costs.

For the vast majority of people here wanting projector headlamps, buying them premade is the only option.

I think at a glance, factored with our very limited options, there worth looking into.

I dont think you'll have people lining up to spend $400 on a set of headlights. Go ahead and shoot them in email about ideas for a Contour set if you're so excited about it. Those are way too ugly for me to spend $100 on even for the lighting improvement I might get with my HIDs.

While the Mondeo headlamps wont fit into the Contour without extensive modification, I bet they would retrofit the Contour headlamps if you send your headlamps to them and perhaps paid a little extra for their trouble.

Hmmm... I'm having a bit of deja vu right now, but can't seem to place it... Oh, wait, I remember: Morettes. Yeah, that's right. Based on how swimmingly that went, I'm sure this would go off without a hitch.

I'm sorry, I'm usually not so sarcastic, but honestly the Morette fiasco was frustrating to say the least. And that was back when there were more people with Contours who had more money to spend. I would be very surprised if this company would commit the time and money to make a new set of lights that would maybe sell enough to comprise a group buy. Even if you were to get a verbal commitment I'd be skeptical.

I would be interested in these. Like most, I don't particularly like their Mondeo styling, but that can most likly be changed. I just don't have the time and knowledge to pull off a retrofit on my own right now, but I will most likely give it a shot within the next year when things slow down for me.

Back