• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT EGR delete kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
slightly off topic: Checking that you got my RR's? How long til you ship everything out?

being a newb still how will deleting my EGR benefit me ? ?? just a short blurb if anyone doesn't mind schooling me .. thanks ... oh for your time for schooling me bill the GI Bill people ...

being a newb still how will deleting my EGR benefit me ? ?? just a short blurb if anyone doesn't mind schooling me .. thanks ... oh for your time for schooling me bill the GI Bill people ...

Cleaner intake runners, cleaner look to the engine bay and fewer parts to fail on the engine. Keep in mind you will need a tune do eliminate the CEL it will cause. Do note, that you will suffer about a 1 MPG loss removing it...

Cleaner intake runners, cleaner look to the engine bay and fewer parts to fail on the engine. Keep in mind you will need a tune do eliminate the CEL it will cause. Do note, that you will suffer about a 1 MPG loss removing it...

What if I already have a cel can I do it and tune it later? With that asked... Does the CSVT run normally with no tune and it deleted??? I'm sure my erg is bad or failing anyway when I run my code reader it days the code for a bad egr.. And a bad 02 sensor .. Anyway shoot me some input and I'll consider putting up a lil cash for this mod...

Everything will be on its way to you tomorrow.

Arrived today. RRs and EGR kit look great! I wasn't expecting the RRs to be painted due to the rush, so thanks. Do I need any kind of thread sealant on the metal cap for the header?

Arrived today. RRs and EGR kit look great! I wasn't expecting the RRs to be painted due to the rush, so thanks. Do I need any kind of thread sealant on the metal cap for the header?

No, the cap's internal taper at the top seals it on the manifold once threaded all the way on.

Just out of curiosity, is this the only reason you do this? Not to start an argument or hurt sales I would just like to see your side. As far as I know the EGR is a good thing. Yes cleaner intake runners will benefit because the gunk that builds up won't hurt air flow but by removing it you car will not pass emissions, it will hurt your gas mileage, and your combustion chambers will be a lot hotter (un-tuned) possibly causing pinging. If you get higher octane fuel than there is no problem but I also don't see the gains. Please inform me as I was deciding on getting one of these because I think my EGR tube has a leak and I'm deciding whether I should replace the tube or buy this kit.

Thanks

EGR hurts performance when it kicks in. The purpose of it is to recirculate exhaust gases back into the combustion chamber to displace any combustable gases (oxygen) to lower the combustion temperatures in order to reduce nitrogen oxides (NOx); which can destroy the Ozone and cause other bad things, lol. I suppose I could see how having EGR can improve your MPG while cruising. Basically with less combustable gases getting into the combustion chamber, you'll need less fuel to burn it off. The EGR should close entirely when you go WOT and only kick in while at part throttle; you probably wouldn't notice much loss in power seeing as you would just give it more throttle to counteract the EGR when it kicks in, but I don't really know as I still have mine hooked up, but not for long. Simply put, EGR isn't good for an engine, I can even see it lowering the life of your engine as it allows all this crap back into the intake and into the combustion chamber.

Another way of looking at it; picture two people running a marathon, one breathing 100% fresh air and the other having 25-50% of the air that they just breathed out recirculated back into their lungs. Who do you think would perform better?

Another way of looking at it; picture two people running a marathon, one breathing 100% fresh air and the other having 25-50% of the air that they just breathed out recirculated back into their lungs. Who do you think would perform better?

great way of putting it.. i bought this kit and it's flawless

Well on that note. If the person that is running with only 25-50% fresh air needs to run faster because, like you said, it closes at wide open throttle and uses extra fuel to keep the temps down. I don't think deleting your EGR would be bad I just don't see the benefit. cleaner intake, cleaner look, but at the same time gas mileage decreases, pain to pass emissions, and no real performance reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back