• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pro Burner fog lights?

B.Brattina

Hard-core CEG'er
Well I am going to be looking for some new fog lights, the stock ones just aren't cutting it anymore and I kinda want something to look a little more appealing with better lenses and stick some nice bright Yellow lights in them.. My question is, do they still make Pro Burner fog lights that fit for the SVT? I know a lot of people used to get them but i've been searching (or maybe not hard enough) and I can't find anything.. Or does anyone have any new recommendations for some replacements that aren't as pricey as say, PIAA's??? Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

Blake

Last time I was at Walmart they were still stocked. Anything else is going to run you $50+.

Ok, just picked up a pair from WalMart called "Platinum Burners"... I'm assuming they are the same thing. On the outside of the box it says they are less than 3.5" diameter, is that the correct size or near our stock lights?

They are the same, though you might have to get a little creative with the mounting, I flipped the bracket that came with it down and then drilled holes into the bottom of my stock fog mounts, and it works well. The platinum burners are the same thing, not sure why there is a different name, BTW the bulbs are slightly blue at first, but after a while they turn white. I love mine, they are extremely bright, but make sure your wiring is sealed well, my first attempt wasn't tight enough and I blew 1 bulb and then another.

I just bought these. couple questions

do I just pull off the splash shield and then can get the stockers out?

for wiring the new ones, what exactly is needed? will I need to use any of the wiring from the kit, or will I need a crimp tool etc etc, I have everything I may need I just want to know ahead of time. thanks

yes, you will need to pull the splash gaurd off. after that its a pretty easy jobn getting the stock housings off unless the bracket and nunts included and rusted out(which there is a good chance of). i didnt end up using the extra wire included but just spliced the stock lines with the lines off of the new housing and sealed them. pretty easy.

Back