• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre-98 to SVT Front Brake Swap

KennyT772

Veteran CEG'er
Beginning of last summer I picked up what I believed to be the parts I would need for a SVT front brake swap. I bought a set of 278mm rotors and E0 caliper brackets. I finally got around to throwing them on to find out the brackets are exactly the same as what was on the car.

Did I get the wrong bracket or is it the caliper/knuckle that is different for the larger rotors?

You either need the E0 calipers and brackets or you need the E1 style brackets with your calipers. The E1 style brackets were used on all 99 and 00 SVTs as well as many 99 to 02 Cougars.

So E0's used different calipers than the rest of the contours. Got it.

What I have are the Contique 260mm brackets when I need the E1 278mm brackets. Fornetti already got back to me about the problem and is looking for the correct brackets. It is so nice when someone will fix an error.

So E0's used different calipers than the rest of the contours. Got it.

What I have are the Contique 260mm brackets when I need the E1 278mm brackets. Fornetti already got back to me about the problem and is looking for the correct brackets. It is so nice when someone will fix an error.

He is a great guy to purchase from.

Back