• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Possible to swap part on back doors that say 'Contour'?

Westwildcat

CEG'er
Is is possible to swap the piece on the outside of the back doors that says 'contour' on it? Do these pop off some how or is the only way to do it would be to swap the whole door?

They come off easily. There are a couple screws on the inside of the door on the trim that covers that triangular section of door. Take those screws out to take the trim off, and there should be another couple screws holding the sail panel in. Once you have all the screws out of the inside, go to the outside of the door and slide the whole panel forward (toward the front of the car), and the panel should pop right off. It won't pop straight off without breaking - you have to slide it forward first.

Last edited:
I swapped mine out that said 'contour' on them to ones that are just black that say nothing... I think it looks better...

I like the ones that say contour,i like the pattern on it, and so people will stop calling mine a taurus, lol even my mom calls it a taurus,and my dad asked if it was a v8 sho motor that needed the cam welding lol ????

Back