• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Possible Oil Temp/Oil Pressure Sender location?

Knauberized

CEG'er
This was taken from Torige's great header how to. Could the following spot be used for a oil pressure gauge sender? The other thing I've always wondered. Would a Y adapter be able to be used in the stock sender locations to use the stock one and aftermarket one?

removed1pd7.jpg

Here's the other location described in other posts. Looks like it would require as suggested before a 90 degree adapter.

removed2jl1.jpg

This was taken from Torige's great header how to. Could the following spot be used for a oil pressure gauge sender? The other thing I've always wondered. Would a Y adapter be able to be used in the stock sender locations to use the stock one and aftermarket one?

Picture 1

Here's the other location described in other posts. Looks like it would require as suggested before a 90 degree adapter.

Picture 2
Forget that second one ;) In the first picture right next to the stock oil pressure swich but below it, I put mine in place of a plug similar to that one on the rear of the engine in the second picture. There's not really a need to put a T in the stock location. You still need various pipe fittings and bends to make it out of there safely for somewhere to mount the sending unit. The AC compressor bolts up there pretty snug as well as the oil dipstick so you sort of have to snake it out into the open. I used various fittings and adapted to a 12 inch hard brake line that I could bend and mount wherever I pleased. Ended up mounting it to the bottom of the hard coolant line that runs across the front of the engine. Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Forget that second one ;) In the first picture right next to the stock oil pressure swich but below it, I put mine in place of a plug similar to that one on the rear of the engine in the second picture. There's not really a need to put a T in the stock location. You still need various pipe fittings and bends to make it out of there safely for somewhere to mount the sending unit. The AC compressor bolts up there pretty snug as well as the oil dipstick so you sort of have to snake it out into the open. I used various fittings and adapted to a 12 inch hard brake line that I could bend and mount wherever I pleased. Ended up mounting it to the bottom of the hard coolant line that runs across the front of the engine. Hope that helps :)

Don't know if you would actually remember it or not, but was the hole location that you used on the front (location similar to second pic but on the front) was it a 1/4" NPT connector? If so I think I can rig up a few earl's adaptors and make it work. If so as well I can put the temp one on the front and pressure on the back or vice versa and have accurate readings.

is this for mechanical or electronic? I'm thinking about doing this one day. forgive me if mechanical is the only way.

is this for mechanical or electronic? I'm thinking about doing this one day. forgive me if mechanical is the only way.

I would love to do mechanical, but as this is a daily driver and it will be in my a pillar it will be electrical. Last thing I need is oil to suddenly come shooting out of my a pillar for some unknown reason.

Don't know if you would actually remember it or not, but was the hole location that you used on the front (location similar to second pic but on the front) was it a 1/4" NPT connector? If so I think I can rig up a few earl's adaptors and make it work. If so as well I can put the temp one on the front and pressure on the back or vice versa and have accurate readings.

Yes it was a pipe thread but I don't recall the size :troutslap: I should know by now too because I had to buy all the adapters but I think I had that one handy so I don't actually remember what size it was.

I had a mechanical hooked up there and it leaked all the time (thankfully never in the car). I've recently switched to an Autometer Phantom Electric short sweep. No more oil in the car for this guy :) Though I've heard if you run that copper tubing it will hold up a lot better than the plastic tubing most mechanical gauges come with.

In short you can use that location for any of the mentioned gauges.

Back