• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pop Quiz

thanks guys, I cant wait til I get it running though, and new jack point things, anyone know where I can find those, its bothering me.

plus paint too. Now another question, is there anyone in the colorado/denver area that sort of specializes in engine swaps and stuff like that for these cars? I have an 02 cougar that I wanna pull the engine out of and put in the contour.

Maaaaayybe, what rims do you have? How much did they charge you? Also where did you get your 3L from in this area?

Stock E1's in perfect condition. I think I got my engine from Nebraska, it's been 6 years since I did the swap. With everything I believe it cost 3500 or so. Keep in mind there had only been a handful of swaps done when I did mine. There are more options and knowledge available now.

I really wish I knew what junk yard they took my car to so I could just go grab that engine. :(

yea I just ordered a new centercap for these rims and I think I am going to put them on my cougar. Sorry I like them probably like you do. Yea hopefully my engine swap wont be 3500. I am just trying to find someone in the denver area that knows about these cars to do a swap on them. I dont want some honda swapper to take on the challenge you know.

If anyone knows anyone please let me know

My engine install was $2700 but that was just one engine going into one car. $3500 sounds about fair to me.

I guess it all depends on what you want it to look like. I had 2.5 UIM on mine and if I had put 3.0L on that is the only way you would have known it wasn't stock. All the wiring was perfect and everything looked good. After I totaled mine I went and looked at another 3L that was done by a member on here who will remain unannounced and it looked like a birds nest with wires going everywhere and not properly protected. Just keep that in mind, you get what you pay for!

If you want click the link in my sig and you will see pictures of the finished product.

wow your car looked like the average contour I see everyday, and yea your right it looks stock under the hood. And then the sad picture at the end. I hope you got a fat settlement for that?

The guy I have been talking to says he will have to come look at what I plan on doing before he gives me a final price. Also he has pics of some honda swaps he has done and they look very clean. He said he has swapped engines in a taurus but not a contour or cougar. Also he has a turbocharged focus so at least he is a ford fan, hahaha.

I still want to keep my eyes open to any other people that I could use, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

yea I saw that but never thought to ask him about it. Just emailed him though. Thanks for the idea

Back