• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Picked up a dirt cheap SVT front bumper....But it needs work.

Check out the pictures below i picked it up for $49 but it has some damage(hopefully fixable?)

a crack on the side at the very bottom its not noticeable but in Chicago that gonna take more damage and i rather not have it crack more.

lots of scuffs here and there from maybe the last driver and/or being in a junkyard.
IMG_20120217_172545.jpg

IMG_20120217_172500.jpg

IMG_20120217_172452.jpg

I'm trying to find out what products can i use to fix these small problems i don't need it showroom perfect but nice none the less.
IMG_20120217_172438.jpg

:help:

i would use fg sheets to support it from the back. once that hardens 3m makes some good plastic repairt products to fill in the gaps. you could use bondo..but it'll crack as the bumper flexes from hitting objects and the naturual flex of the bumper at 70mph

Any idea what the hole in the bumper is for? first time seeing a SVT from this view(last pic)

FG = fiber glass?

yea i read a few products that are flexable

i've fixed bumper cracks before with 2-part-epoxy and some plastic mesh. (looks like tiny chicken wire)
just have to take your time and do several layers to get it just right.
i tried one of those "plastic welders" from Harbor Freight, that didnt work worth a crap, it's a paperweight. the 2-part-epoxy works way better. imho.

i've fixed bumper cracks before with 2-part-epoxy and some plastic mesh. (looks like tiny chicken wire)
just have to take your time and do several layers to get it just right.
i tried one of those "plastic welders" from Harbor Freight, that didnt work worth a crap, it's a paperweight. the 2-part-epoxy works way better. imho.

I think I know what kind of product your talking about 3m has it with patches

Update:

Well like i said i didn't need it car show fixed just good enough where i'll feel comfortable with it.

Here are a few pictures im happy with this.....

IMG_20120421_230742.jpg

IMG_20120421_230736.jpg

IMG_20120421_230729.jpg

Back