• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic of my modded MCS!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
I've been VERY busy over the past 3 weeks with my MCS, getting it just the way I want it (well for now anyways) So here are pics of my mods, in detail, covering a couple posts.

The first thing I did when I walked into the dealership was to unscrew the 18" "RC" antenna and install this, the Helix "stubby" antenna, much better!
100_4893.jpg

Lighting is up next, very important to alot of us and since the car has HIDs the stock, halogen fog bulbs don't cut it, either do "Euro" white parking lights, both are covered in this pic. Sorry, I tried taking some with the lights on and its just too nice out right now but you can see the reflection of the Nokya H8 yellow fog bulbs inside the housing as well as the 194NA parking bulbs. A "must do" mod for under $40.00!
100_4883.jpg

Ok, OK, before Barge comes in and says "those are mods", here's some perf mods to my MCS.
Overall look of the rear w/ exhaust system
100_4895.jpg

Pypes exhaust tip that flows with the stock cut out, NICE!
100_4897.jpg

Polished SS Magnaflow goodness!
100_4898.jpg

T304 SS piping measuring 2.5", not the 2.4" into 2.2" that was on there from the factory.
100_4900.jpg

Since there isn't a CAI for the car, a member of the club took it upon himself to add a universal K&N to replace the HUGE stock airbox, here's what mine looks like
100_4913.jpg

100_4909.jpg

100_4910.jpg

How about the turbo? Small, twin scroll and spools FAST!
100_4911.jpg

Well there's the first section of mod pics, more are coming as soon as I load them up here.

Back to the "show" mods, kinda

Back to the "show" mods, kinda

One of the first things I wanted for my MCS was a cueball shiftknob, no problem as the MINI community has you covered for that! May I present the Whalen Shift Machine as its called over there...

Close up
100_4886.jpg

Overview
100_4885.jpg

Since I don't smoke and NOONE will ever smoke in the car, I didn't need to look at the cig lighter, so I added this little mod to it. It lights up green when you push it in. I also added the little organizer infront of the console. This should've been added at the factory, oh well, it was only $11.00.
100_4892.jpg

Now for the rims....AH YES, THE RIMS!!!
17" x 7" PIAA Sport Mesh in Hyper Black finish
100_4901.jpg

Overview
100_4902.jpg

100_4903.jpg

100_4904.jpg

I know some of you caught the "turbo" badge pic back in the first posting and its not stock, although some thought it was and that's the point. I originally bought it just to see how it would look before I went to the Porsche or VW dealership to buy one from them and then I thought to my self "hey, this thing is triple chome plated and looks AWESOME!" No brainer mod that looks GREAT and gives more than the usual 5 hp when you factor in my free flowing exhaust and intake! I'm thinking about 8 hp!!!
100_4894.jpg

The next posting of pics will be the attention to detail to the interior and exterior. Not really mods persay, but I did option the car out this way so they are...kinda.

I'm glad you used a VW 'Turbo' script. Had you used a Porsche item, I'd have to take action. Looks good Roger. Who did the exhaust? I noticed no crush bends, just welded sections.

Nice rims.

"Factory mods"

"Factory mods"

One thing that's great about the MINI is the ability to customize the car the way YOU want, what a concept:shrug:

Multi-function steering wheel
100_4924.jpg

Auto climate control, but check out how the HVAC is styled, that's what I call thinking things through!
100_4923.jpg

Standard on the MCS are these pedals, NICE!
100_4891.jpg

Even the door panels, well styled and thought out
100_4889.jpg

A quick note, the chrome trim you see in the interior is part of the Chrome lined interior package is WELL worth the $200.00 price because stock is just some silver painted trim like you see on the HVAC and steering wheel.

I didn't opt for the alarm system but went a step better, took my gift certificate and got a guard dog. One that represents the stance of the car!
100_4887.jpg

Classic toggle switches that control the windows, locks, front and rear foglights and seat heat. Speaking of those seat heaters, damn, they get hot!
100_4886.jpg

This one, up above, controls the map lights, dome light and "mood" lighting (4 colors available, but I stick with orange because the speedo and tach lighting is orange)
100_4922.jpg

TWO glove boxes. The one above pops out and up when you press on it and the one below has a chrome button you push to open it, its also climate controlled, LOL!
100_4921.jpg

The "landing dock" and push button start button
100_4920.jpg

This concludes the whoring of my new ride. I want to make one thing clear...I AM NOT BRAGGING ABOUT THE CAR, I'M JUST VERY, VERY HAPPY WITH IT!!!

I'm glad you used a VW 'Turbo' script. Had you used a Porsche item, I'd have to take action. Looks good Roger. Who did the exhaust? I noticed no crush bends, just welded sections.

Nice rims.

Actually Trapps the "turbo" badge is from Auto Zone and cost me a whole $5.00:eek: :laugh: The exhaust was done by the owner of PF&E in Harrison Township. The guy does GREAT work and you should see some of the cars he's done. I've been talking to some people out on Woodward and everyone seems to know about this place. Dougs has been replaced! BTW the piping used was mandrel bend and is T304 SS, replacing the stock, T409 SS used from the factory, not bad, but not like the T304, that's for sure. The entire system cost me $500.00, that's it and because of that as well as his quality work, he's going to be getting some more business I bet.

jesus you had mods waiting for your car before you even had it? daaammn

Well just the antenna and fog bulbs and I didn't want to get the rims too early and jinx it like I did the Mustang...wait, that worked out for the best in the end because I'm still smiling with this car:laugh: I had the windows tinted within a week and the exhaust about 10 days after it, O.T. is a good thing, a VERY good thing, along with selling your beater car and putting that money into your new, daily driver!

Yay! You finally got photobucket :D

I'm actually liking the car, but OH MAN! That Tach is HUGE! :shocked:

Yeah :crazy:

the speedo is gigazmo, but when you look at it close up, you can tell it just kinda fits, plus its not only the speedo, its also every other gauge and indicator in the car.

Looks great! All the little things you have done have definitely set it apart from the rest. Great pics too. Can't wait to drive it at SZ.:cool:

Back