• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pcm/chip

csvt90

CEG'er
ok so i have a problem. i wanted to get something simple like a superchip for my contour. it says the pcm is right behind the glove box and i looked i seen something and unscrewed it. its a square box thing but nothing was attached to it so im not sure if this is it.

it's actually better accessed through the passenger footwell...you can see the harness that plugs into it through the engine bay near the power steering reservoir...

i think i see it up against like the floorwell right? it has like a plastic white piece bolted down on it? i see the barcode and what looks like the first 2 of the 4 digits for it. but i dont see a wireharness plugged into it?

i think i see it up against like the floorwell right? it has like a plastic white piece bolted down on it? i see the barcode and what looks like the first 2 of the 4 digits for it. but i dont see a wireharness plugged into it?

Wireharness is in the back of the PCM. If you buy a chip, youll have to unscrew that white clip and take off the black plug with your PCM code. Behind that is the connector for a chip to plug into.

BTW, you'll get better gains from a NPG tune.

Back