• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PCM Before I Buy XCAL2

DanMystique

CEG'er
What kind of Mods should i do to my mystique before i buy the XCAL2 i already gutted my converter, took out the resonator, and mufflers, what other mods can i do before xcal2 that would give me more of a benefit

do everything you can. Most xcals come with a free tune or more. So it would be best to get everything out of the way before you get a tune, otherwise you'll have to get a new tune for it to take ful benefits from the mod.

Headers, K&N, y-pipe, opt. TB... are some things you can do before you buy the xcal.

Honestly, it really shouldnt matter. Changing intake and exhaust components after the tune should not affect the tune as long as its been tuned correctly the first time.

What kind of Mods should i do to my mystique before i buy the XCAL2 i already gutted my converter, took out the resonator, and mufflers, what other mods can i do before xcal2 that would give me more of a benefit

If you ever plan to get them, SVT UIM/LIM, SVT cams, new intake setup just off the top of my head.

Do you plan on a 3L in the near future? That will definately cause need for a change in the tune.

Back