• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pass your judgement on my reupholstering project (btw, i'm not a 16 yr old)

dyaballikl

CEG'er
lol, I'm actually 23, so I'm not susceptible to japanese influence ;)

however, i do think i have a pretty good artistic eye, so i started to work on that ugly carpeted door. my interior is all grey, super boring, so i got some black vinyl and a buttload of flat black krylon fusion. i'm still very early in the project, but here's what i've done, and it's going to be my new theme:
1166895690_e72c1413a2.jpg

Black on top, grey on bottom, all around the car, with a bit mixed in. In this pic, I use the vinyl on the top two parts of the door panel, then sanded and painted the door handle (which i did to all 4). After this, I'm going to do the dash board black, and I'm currently working on the vinyl on the armrest. My question is this: am I changing the car too much, does anybody think I should stop now because I'm ruining the car? Thanks for your honest replies :)

[edit] btw, yes, i did take this pic at 100 mph ;)

I think it looks great! I don't think you are changing the car too much at all. It looks like your vinyl wrapping skills could be improved a little (im not criticizing you, and Im sure it is no easy task) but overall, very tastefully done!

Last edited:
I really think it looks good. the wrapping and pulling skills will come with practice and patience. Good job so far

By the time you get done with the 4th door, you're going to have improved so much that you will end up ripping the other 3 (already done) doors off to redo them with your new skill..

I like the look, though.

i totally do intend to redo this door. but you guys are right, i'm really bad at this! i could definitely use some pointers. btw, that middle panel actually has two separate vinyl strips sewn together, that's why it looks a little off. but making the vinyl contour to the contour (lol) is very difficult, a helluva lot harder than i thought.

[edit] btw, stryker, suede sounds like a really good idea. sure would be a lot easier!

plus it feels so much nicer than vinyl

yeah, that it certainly does. however, i'm going to be painting the dash to continue the color scheme (God! I love how the door panels continue their lines onto the dash!), and i don't think vinyl would look very good with what i'm going for. lemme know if you need help getting that door apart, though. i seem to think i've developed a pretty decent method :)

I have done a lot with my interior as well... The whole interior was tan... including the dash...

SVT001.jpg

Mostly just working with dye and vinyl paint... I Love the two tone look!!!

Last edited:
anastasias car is hot:drool: interior looks awsome. ever think about doing seat inserts?

Back