• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pass Air Vent

adamgx03

New CEG'er
I just purchased my 98 contour a month or so ago and the passenger air vent is pretty much busted. Is ther a way to replace the vent and the plastic around it, like the whole unit off the dashboard? wish i could put a pic up. Just wondering if that part can be removed seperate from the dash, if anyone has done it? thanks alot

Yes, there is a way to replace the passenger air vent. Follow these steps to replace it:

1) Open the glove box and empty out the contents.

2) Squeeze the side walls of the glove box together so that the glove box will travel further past the stops. The glove box should now be hanging by its hinges.

3) With a flashlight, look up inside the area where the glove box once was towards the passenger air vent and you will find 2 screws. I believe the screws are 8mm in size.

4) Use a socket, extender and driver to remove the screws. The entire vent will come out as a single unit.

5) Head to your local junkyard and find a replacement.

That's it. I hope this helps.:)

man your awesome. I wasnt sure if anyone would know such an "obscure" thing, thanks =)

Back