• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Panel under sideskirt

akaschneider

CEG'er
Wasn't sure how to title this. See up north we would call it the kick panel. But I digress. The panel under the sideskirt on my svt is rusted at worlds end. I was thinking of cutting just behind the pinch point and along the first lip inside the door and removing it. The getting a better one from the jy and having a body shop weld it back into place. Sound crazy???? Trying to stay as far away from bondo as I can. Here are some pics of the oneside of the car.

picture.php

picture.php

as I recall there was a guy on FCO that got junkyard or maybe even new rockers and had a shop do all the body work to install them. so it can be done but it most likely isn't cheap. and that car was alot worse.

I have it too, stupid people. Good thing my parts car isn't too bad right there, I might have to snag that rocker..... :D

Maybe I will make a how-to :ponder:.

dent:
SF98SVT9.jpg

donor:
Bringinghomethe99partscar064.jpg

I figure cut it right along the inside edge of the door and all the way down so it will be under the door. I gotta go find a donor car at the jy i guess.

Back