• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Paint

tourinit

CEG'er
i got aprice today 141.38
for one gallon chevy cobalt blue
2 quarts reducer
and i already have clear coat
trying to get it ready for sanford sound car show/wash:laugh:

yeah

yeah

NAPA
is gm paint scheme
i dont know brand of paint
but reducer is crossfire, paint might be same
i did my brothers g8 hood for his cobalt turbo a couple months back with same type stuff but victory red it came out great

It is the crossfire paint for that price. It is a value line/grade paint & be advised that you will not get as good of color coverage as if you were to step up a grade in paint, this will be especially evident when you are doing a color change. You may very well end up w/ several more coats than anticipated with this line & it's very doubtful that you can do a complete color change including all jambs & under the hood with one gallon. It took nearly a gallon to do my t-red & that was just the complete outside, the same color that it was.

What color is the car now?

edit: if it's the multi-color car in your cardomain page...I'd suggest priming it all out w/ a light color primer to ensure you'll wind up w/ even color.

i am

i am

i am priming it with a very light gray first almost white, and only the door jams are gonna be done for the inside, under the hood and trunk of have blankets the heat shield ones.

It is the crossfire paint for that price. It is a value line/grade paint & be advised that you will not get as good of color coverage as if you were to step up a grade in paint, this will be especially evident when you are doing a color change. You may very well end up w/ several more coats than anticipated with this line & it's very doubtful that you can do a complete color change including all jambs & under the hood with one gallon. It took nearly a gallon to do my t-red & that was just the complete outside, the same color that it was.

What color is the car now?

edit: if it's the multi-color car in your cardomain page...I'd suggest priming it all out w/ a light color primer to ensure you'll wind up w/ even color.

Back