• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

operable secondaries or not?

Bradness

CEG'er
I have secondaries working in my 3.0 and was curious about others who have experience without them. Any dyno plots to show which, if either works best with the 3.0?

I'm going to be converting a 95 shortly and having operable secondaries is a lot more difficult than the 96+ IMRC setup.

Keep in mind If you run without them you will absolutely need a tune or the car will drive like a full 3L without a tune (horrible). I think tuning those OBDI cars might be more troublesome so that could be a big issue. I think the only time you should think about removing the secondaries on a split port setup is if you are running some type of Forced induction. Otherwise, you loose some low end torque and won't gain enough hp up top to make it worth it.

It's actually really easy to convert a SVT LIM from electronic secondaries to vaccuum operated ;). I say keep them, even though the ported 3Ls are not a true "split port" design since the primary and secondary ports aren't seperated completely from eachother :/

Hey blu. Are you going to tell me how to do so? It appears that the vacuum dash pot will bolt on to the casting. The linkage arm is definitely different on the rear bank shaft...

I found your other thread too:
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?58225-3.0-in-a-95&highlight=17#+injectors

I have pictures. First 2 pics are a SVT LIM with vac operated secondaries.

Other 2 pics are SVT LIM with IMRC secondaries.

12-3-09030.jpg

12-3-09031.jpg

12-3-09032.jpg

12-3-09033.jpg

I would want to use the LIM on my 3.0 as I spent a fair bit of time custom machining and assembling it for more flow. The casting entry bores are all bell flared, secondary shafts are cut down with multiple angles, plates are cut and flowed. Can't remember what I used for screws-whether they're button head or countersunk but I know I got pix somewhere...

Blu-check your inbox.

Back