• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

offset question

chinaski

CEG'er
im lookin at getting some used racing hart 17's with a 55mm offset with probably 225/45 tires. im also lowering the car with some koni springs. anyone know how badly ill rub? i know nothing about tires or offsets

I'm not sure if the same applies to Contours but on Mondies the offset range for alloys by the independant market seems to be ET 35 to ET 42.
The standard steelies on the original Mondeos in 1993 were ET48. The Ford accessory pack brochures for '97,'98 and '99 over here list wheels up to 17'' for our cars and they are in the range ET 35 to ET 40, I think you may have strut clearance problems with ET55's, but a lot can depend on tyre size and even the brand fitted.

ok, im doubting they will rub then and ill see how it is after i lower my car. here is what i found:
Rhevo.jpg

so do i... thats why im driving two and a half hours to north hollywood to get them tomorrow.:laugh:

Well I'm rolling on 40+ Offset right now and the only thing was rubbing it was the metal piece of the rear that connect to the bumper. After bending the piece of metal, no more rub. By the way I'm rolling on 225/40/18

anyone else think that the offset will be alright with my car and the drop its going to have with the koni springs?

Missing those 17" TZ :cool: I like those Harts, What you saw on my car that night were 17" w/40 215, so they will look small in the front but the rear will ride ok. When you are able to buy more tires go with 45/215's and that will fill up the fenders without the rub. What did those harts come off of???

the racing harts came off of a focus, hes going to check the offset again cuz i guess he really wants to sell them. and i do miss those TZ's cuz those rims look really good. if you havent put those rims on your car yet, you should paint them

update

update

just found out that the rims are 17x7.5 with a 45mm offset... anyone know how this will work out with my car being dropped with koni springs? itres are 205/40

just found out that the rims are 17x7.5 with a 45mm offset... anyone know how this will work out with my car being dropped with koni springs? itres are 205/40

they will be fine, get em!

just got the rims and found out that they are ET40 and they look awesome, the guy had the lip polished and the spokes powdercoated.

Back