• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official GB: 3.0L TURBO badges

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright guys with my build I wanted to get a specifc badge, which would match well with the existing SVT badge. So I found a guy that made custom badges/emblems and this is what we came up with...

Chrome
30turbo.jpg

inverted to give you an idea of gloss black
30turboblack.jpg

Pricing normally is $40 per badge. However if we get 5 orders we receive 10% off. If we see more interest then that then I will inquire about additional discounts. Who is in for this??

EDIT: This lettering will only be 0.5" tall and total to 6.5" long so it won't be too large. Also this badge will be available in gloss black or chrome. If people are interested in other colors I can also inquire about those. Not sure if this would effect the discount though...

1. CSVT#49

Dang, I should've ordered from that guy! Matches more than the one I just bought because mine is pretty big and skinnier letters, but I really like it, although I would like to have a font matched one. Also, the zero looks crooked, I know, but it's not. I noticed it after I finished putting all of them on. For some reason, the sides on the zero are not angled right, because the bottom and top are all straight with the rest of them. I used a long ruler, and a wood plank to get them level on the bottom with the SVT badge on the right. Took me about 20 minutes lol

Here's mine. Paid like, $27.10 in total.

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

Also just to add...

This emblem is only 0.5" tall and 6.5" long so it won't be too large and look over powering compared to the SVT emblem.

I'll buy two so I have one as a spare... ya never know.

1. CSVT#49
2. CSVT#49
3. BrApple

I don't mean to poop on your parade, but this site: http://www.bimmian.com/LTR/21

It is $29 shipped for 3.0L TURBO at 7/8" or 1" so I think he has to do better than $40-10%..... I was going to get on this list until I found the old threads here on custom trunk badges.

I don't mean to poop on your parade, but this site: http://www.bimmian.com/LTR/21

It is $29 shipped for 3.0L TURBO at 7/8" or 1" so I think he has to do better than $40-10%..... I was going to get on this list until I found the old threads here on custom trunk badges.

Don't worry your not pooping on my parade...

I saw those badges, that was the first place I looked. However that emblem will be huge. Not only that but I don't like the font lettering and that is not the best pricing that is out there. That letter style and font is available all over the place its an off the shelf item for some company. If you find them direct you can buy the letters for dirt cheap. I also contacted the sales dept at Bimmian about possibly doing the shadow vehicle emblems that they have for the Bimmers on there, but they were not willing to work with me. The guy I chose has done some nice work for other cars and I like what he's come up with. If some one wants different... by all means.

That's where I got mine. I used a coupon so I saved 10%. It is pretty big, but I like it actually.

FWIW the chrome on the bimmian digets does not hold up well at all. Don't expect them to last more than a year or two. Less if you drive the car in the winter

That's where I got mine. I used a coupon so I saved 10%. It is pretty big, but I like it actually.

Yeah, you got the 1" ones and those are silly big. Look out of place and you didn't need to spell out LITER on yours......

FWIW the chrome on the bimmian digets does not hold up well at all. Don't expect them to last more than a year or two. Less if you drive the car in the winter

I guess I'll be finding out, then. Just hopin for the best. If not, blow drier then cleanin that ish up

Yeah, you got the 1" ones and those are silly big. Look out of place and you didn't need to spell out LITER on yours......

At first when they came in, I thought the same thing, but I put it on, and I actually liked how big the font is. And I wanted Liter on there. 3.0L or 3L, or whatever varient of just using L seemed to short to me. To each there own, I guess, yeah? But as far as the badge goes, I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Even so, like with what teamSVTour said, if it does peel, I'll either find a better font match emblem, or just debadge the entire trunk. Time will tell with what happens, though.

Well guys I think I'll let this go for about another week or so and then I am going to order mine with or without 5 orders. So if you want to get in on a 10% discount sign up or forever hold your peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back