• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Odometer/Trip meterdoes not work

volcar

New CEG'er
For some time now the odometer/trip meter on my 96 'tour with ATX has not worked despite the fact that the speed o meter works fine. I have replaced the printed circuit for the entire gauge display unit, however, while this has corrected the problem I was having with a few of the bulbs not lighting it has not resolved the problem of my dead odometer/trip meter. Consequently, I am using this medium to ascertain whether anyone has any idea how I can proceed to correct this problem. All comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

By dead, you mean not recording miles? If so, I had the same problem and it was that over the years the worm gear that engaged the gears was worn out. Once I replaced that, it was working again.

Odometer/Trip meter does not work

Odometer/Trip meter does not work

KerryKool,
Thanks for the response it's greatly appreciated. Yes you are correct the meter will not record any mileage whatsoever. Where is the worm gear that you are referring to located is it in the meter itself and if so where can I obtain replacement gares?

Back