• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

obx mufflers

prozak1986

CEG'er
i looked in the exhaust sound clips and theres no obx mufflers in there , i was wondering if anyone used obx mufflers i think the ones i got are the obx/r , so far my exhaust system is 100% stock but i do plan on gutting the manifolds and cat soon , anyone got a sound clip on how these sound on a svt ? any one using these and got any input on the sound ? ..... thanks

I could be wrong, but the last few years EBAY has been the source for "obx" stuff, and not all of it is real. You can buy it from different tuning websites but I wouldn't put it on an SVT, at least not the muffler/tip 4" godzilla laser blaster models.

20-9999-b13..jpg

Icky. My exhaust on my last 2 svts has been to put a glasspack in place of the stock resonator and to delete the rear mufflers. Nice crisp growl, some burble and no farting.

obx? is that the same company/group that made a copy of the B&M shifter for our cars that always breaks?

obx? is that the same company/group that made a copy of the B&M shifter for our cars that always breaks?

The first design broke. The newer versions didn't. I can attest to that. I owned one for 5 years. Never broke. :shrug: along with 5 over contour owners that i recommended them too.

But yes obx makes ••••ty quality exhausts! IMHO. No engineering behind the mufflers/resonators they sell. Just parts slapped together and sold.

The first design broke. The newer versions didn't. I can attest to that. I owned one for 5 years. Never broke. :shrug: along with 5 over contour owners that i recommended them too.

never heard that the design was fixed so that the shifter wouldn't break.

never heard that the design was fixed so that the shifter wouldn't break.
The weld at the end of the ball was so little...after a few hard shifts the weld would break. Others on here recommended rewelding the ball back on..or having someone add extra weld already to the existing piece.

But after obz got tons of emails about this...they finally welded a substantial amount to keep it from breaking. Problem solved and they worked great. Plus they were selling on ebay for like $30. And since i had a welder...i took the chance. Never needed to weld it...and it worked great. :)

Back