• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Not allowed to post in Classifieds...so here

SVTRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
EDIT:i went back and found them online. the links are before the names

after im alowed to post in classifieds. it'll go there. until then, i thought i'd let you all catch a break and hear the news first... :)

i was on break at work today and was flipping though the January Issue of AutoShopper.com.

and i got to pg 16 and 17 and saw these if anyone is interested...possible rebuilders or part'd cars?

They are at Buck's S&W Northeast,MD (if anyone knows where that is)

'98 Ford Contour SVT $4995 (http://autoshopper.com/viewfull.asp?ID=2155281&FromSearch=Yes)
-5 spd, only 63k miles, p-lcks, p-win,cruise,tilt,p-sunroof, am/fm cassette,dual airbags,custom wheels(not stock)
my notes: from the picture, its got SE skirts and rear bumper. aftermarket wheels, and a stock wing from what i can tell.

this one cause it says SVT motor.(not sure is it true):
'98 Ford Contour Sport $1995
-p-lcs,p-win, cruise,tilt,CD Audio, alloy wheels, SVT motor.
My notes: looks okay to me. it has the window guard things on the outside for rainoff?

And final:
'98 Ford Contour $1995
-5-spd,p-seat,p-lcksmp-win,cruise,alloy wheels

Last edited:
right....so uh. is it okay that i did it here? i just thought i'd post it up cause its SVT and maybe someone in that area needed parts?...cause ya know...bagged is taking them all....

Maybe the ppl at the dealership are IDIOTS, as most who put SVT badges on their cars knowing that they are NOT SVT's...

Lots of ppl dont even know the difference in what makes an SVT.

"Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Please call dealer/seller to confirm." this is a quote from the ad link u posted. that explains the lack of accurate info. they had a disclaimer, so its all good. :laugh:

talked to personal owner of the vehicle she said it is an svt it was originally black and had some damage thats why it has other contour parts, she was not able to find svt skirts and rear bumper
and she painted it that color:cool:

talked to personal owner of the vehicle she said it is an svt it was originally black and had some damage thats why it has other contour parts, she was not able to find svt skirts and rear bumper
and she painted it that color:cool:

and i'll bet you sweet talked her into letting you have the car for something less than 5k....WAY less than 5k.....

Maybe the ppl at the dealership are IDIOTS, as most who put SVT badges on their cars knowing that they are NOT SVT's...

Lots of ppl dont even know the difference in what makes an SVT.

This is true, when I was looking at cars I was thinking of trading mine in for a Mazda6 at the dealership my brother works at. They had put custom rims on it and all these "special parts" to make it look really cool. I asked the salesman if that took away from the warranty and if it was done professionally. He looked at me with his eat crap grin and says "Well, it was done by people similar who put all those parts on you car, but it was done in house here." Then he stepped back as to show me how impressed I should be with his knowledge. My girl called him an idiot and says "This car comes like this from the factory, it's a limited production car."

That guy had no idea what my car was, most dealers fell into their jobs after a bad run at politics.

Back