• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

no precat friendly exhaust shops

kcobra

Veteran CEG'er
Just picked up a svt and the precats have been gutted. the original weld job is no longer sealing the hole. i am going to need a shop to re-weld it for me. are there any shops in the metro Detroit area that will do this for me without wanting to bend me over to replace the manifold?

Doug's Muffler was our "official" shop back in the day of early CEG-ers, check em' out. Location is Clinton Township, Gratiot S of M-59. They gutted my pre-cats and installed true duals on my old CSVT.

Whoever gutted my precats did a pretty bad job on welding the hole back up. Rara and I discovered I have a leak at the head too. He said he would help me swap out the front manifold when the weather gets nicer. lets hope that goes well.

just ran outside with a 10 inch ratchet and a 13mm deep-well and got my top 3 manifold bolts off on my parts car in less than 5 min. looks like swapping the front manifold out may not be very difficult after all.

just ran outside with a 10 inch ratchet and a 13mm deep-well and got my top 3 manifold bolts off on my parts car in less than 5 min. looks like swapping the front manifold out may not be very difficult after all.

Nice! My brother was ready to pull the engine to do a water pump! ;)

Got the manifold off the car in about 25 min time. Got it gutted in another 25 min and I did it without cutting any holes in it.

Back