• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nitrous bottle pressure

Red99CSVT

CEG'er
When I had my bottle filled after the bottle was warmed up I was sitting at about 1050psi after getting the lines tight (getting rid of any leaks) I ended up purging the system quite a few times. I got in 5 good hits with the nitrous but when my bottle pressure got to about 600psi when I purge the system there is no nitrous coming out (the purge is clear as opposed to white with a full bottle). I'm sure this is normal I got in a few good hits and had to purge it a lot before I got all the lines tight but I want to make sure.

Please don't respond to this post if you know nothing about nitrous.

You need to have 800+ psi in a nitrous bottle for it to work right. You want the liquid and not the gas. I believe the gas is the clear and the liquid is the white (ask svt snob he had some go into his eye when checking mine lol).

when you drop below 700 psi there is usually no liquid nitrous left in the bottle. so it will give a little hit but its just hitting gaseous nitrous which surges and doesnt produce much power.

ideal bottle pressure is 1050. if you are down under 900 psi your chancing a rich shot and it could produce a nice backfire. when the bottle pressure gets low, heat her up! if it won't heat up, your empty.

I always have the bottle heater on if I plan on running nitrous. Thats pretty much what I was figuring that the bottle was out on liquid nitrous and all I was purging was the gas. Thanks alot for your replies.

Back