• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Transmission $895

98SVT_LEO

New CEG'er
Anyone seen the special that BAT has on the OEM european MTX 75 transmission for the svt? It seems like an excellent deal with $50 shipping to Jax. My tranny is fine but at that price how can you beat it? I'm sure installing it would be a PITA probably have to drop the motor and such.

And the fact that as far as I know, there is not LSD inside said transmission!

yea, most people know about it. It IS a great deal when compared to a replacement trans from ford which is over DOUBLE that. As mentioned though, for anyone thinking about getting one, send it to terry and have him ad a QUAIFE LSD (Torsen not available) and have him do the keyed tower mod (at the very least).

I purchased a brand new transmission for 275.00 shiped to me it was a great deal and havent had a problem with it..Considering it was new i shouldnt have a problem with it..

How much is Terry charging for that? Also if I keep my SVT...I plan on upgrading to the 3L project and what not.

Last edited:
I purchased a brand new transmission for 275.00 shiped to me it was a great deal and havent had a problem with it..Considering it was new i shouldnt have a problem with it..

hey that's quite a bargain. Are more available? Where is this mythical deal from? I know a guy whose tranny gave out on a 98 se ATX and he could use a bargain to get the car back on the road

Back