• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New (to me) 20 Year old Tbird!

ContourMike

Hard-core CEG'er
I aquired my dad's 1993 Thunderbird a couple weeks ago, it is in amazing shape for 20 years old. had 102K miles and was always garaged. He owned it since it '94. he would normally only drive it when he left on a trip somewheres, generally Texas and michigan on a yearly basis. (last 5-10 years). The outside Picture was last Year febuary when we came back with it from Texas, (rolled over 100k) on that trip. The picture inside the garage was after I got it washed up last week.

tbird1..JPGphoto..JPG

Congrats! i have an 88, i am rebuilding, that has been in my family since we bough it new. I love my svt but my t-bird is my baby and is the one car i don't think i will ever sell.

My first car was a 1993 T-bird. Had 63k and was baby blue with dar blue interior. 3.8 V6 auto. I loved that car. Had for 9 months until i blacked out at the wheel and hit some trees. Very nice car you have there!

Nice ride! My mom daily drove a 1990 with the 3.8 for YEARS. A deer finally took it out at about 333K. Door sag and UIM (or was it LIM) gaskets were the only things my dad ever replaced on that thing.
I'd LOVE to have my 88 Turbo Coupe back now that I have a new place with more room. I loved that car so much...
Erick --

I had a 95 Cougar with a 4.6 in it as my first car I bought when I got a real job. I loved it then, but it's FAR below every other car I've owned since then. They are absolutely horrid on snowy/icy roads. Really. Even with weight, they just suck. Terribly underpowered for the boats that they are too.
I think a drop and some nice wheels, though that one has nice ones already, would be nice to have in one of these.
Erick --

My GF HATES the car says its old and ugly lol....My dad runs full synthic oil, and at 80k miles he had the head gaskets replaced just so they didnt go bad on him when he went on a trip somewhere. The leather on the corner of the seats look better than the leather in my 2000 F150. Contours getting old, Running boards rusting out and has been rearended back in 2010. but I'd still trust it to drive anywhere for now. Price was right on this Tbird--FREE! Im probaly going to let it sit for the most part until the spring. and keep driving my contour for the time being.

Back