• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New project Underway

ain't that the truth! now if i could only find one wrecked... :crazy:

4e29_1.JPG

Sold on ebay for $35K. ;)

So whats going on with this project? I can't wait to see the finished product.

I just got back the adapter plate last week I will take some pics the engine is ready to be mated up to the T5 and I will be dropping the motor in the car for mount locations soon we will run the motor NA first then we will build a fully built motor over 550hp to put in the car of course turbocharged too. I will gather up some pics tomorrow to show you where I am now I want this car done for the meet in October. Joey

Joey, you posted that the T5 would not withstand the power you intend to run through it. Are you installing it just for the time being?

I was told they handle more than people think so we will find out if not there are some gear sets for $1000 at worst plus the torque ratings are not the engine output on the specs plus we already know one guy who is making over 300whp the Merkur with the same setup. Joey

:shrug::help:

Yes i will be selling an adapter kit I also did a spacer for the flywheel where we reworked the mustang flywheel to match the bolt pattern. We lightened the flywheel up and rebalanced the flywheel to a neutral balance. I will try to remember to post some pics. Joey

Yes i will be selling an adapter kit I also did a spacer for the flywheel where we reworked the mustang flywheel to match the bolt pattern. We lightened the flywheel up and rebalanced the flywheel to a neutral balance. I will try to remember to post some pics. Joey

Joey, did you sell your Mustang eaton swap design to Torqtech?

Joey, did you sell your Mustang eaton swap design to Torqtech?

The partner in the fabrication sold the project out for some quick cash and sent me back my parts I donated he never gave me the company name I was pissed but I learned to always sign agreements first. I look for the site on the web and google no luck? Joey

Cool! So is this along the same lines as David Godfrey's conversion? An adapter plate and a mod'd flywheel?

I honestly wasn't looking forward to the fab work. It's probably not as bad as I was thinking, but I never did get a T5, a bellhousing, FW and a starter to even begin to figure out how to get everything to get along with our lowly Duratec. Did you ever look at TKO, 3550 or the T56 as an alternative that can handle a bit more torque in OEM form?

Cool! So is this along the same lines as David Godfrey's conversion? An adapter plate and a mod'd flywheel?

I honestly wasn't looking forward to the fab work. It's probably not as bad as I was thinking, but I never did get a T5, a bellhousing, FW and a starter to even begin to figure out how to get everything to get along with our lowly Duratec. Did you ever look at TKO, 3550 or the T56 as an alternative that can handle a bit more torque in OEM form?
Look into Astro Performance for very nice T5s, I think the rotating mass of the 3550/TKO/T56 is not worth it for this application, plus the T5 shifts better in high rpms (trust me I've had everyone listed above).
-J

Good enough.

I've only looked at these transmissions when I wanted to build up a first generation Mustang fastback with a TT & modern drivetrain.

thats the exact project i am just about to start

It'd be an awesome car, that's for sure! After seeing that I'd have to switch the front suspension to an aftermarket setup or hack the coil/strut/shock towers (whatever you want to call them) to get the proper clearance for the exhaust piping...... I decided to finish the projects I already have first :shrug:

Are you going to document your build up? :drool:

It'd be an awesome car, that's for sure! After seeing that I'd have to switch the front suspension to an aftermarket setup or hack the coil/strut/shock towers (whatever you want to call them) to get the proper clearance for the exhaust piping...... I decided to finish the projects I already have first :shrug:

Are you going to document your build up? :drool:

yeah I haven't decided on suspension yet. right now the car has new full length floors, frame rails, inner wheel wells, trunk floor, and radiator support. It still needs body work and paint, but the chassis is now solid. I look at it as a clean slate after getting rid of the 89.
right now I am leaning towards a TT 351W with a TKO and a 9inch, but I am intrigued by some of the IRS swaps and t56's

Back