• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Member - 1999 Contour

jon7009

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I found an interesting car that I think could be a little sleeper. I've already found a decent enough amount of information to be able to say that there is still plenty more searching and reading to do, and I've started collecting links to information I could need or otherwise use.

I come from Subaru land, and I'm familiar with open source and closed source tuning on 68HC16Y5, SH7055, and SH7058 ECUs. I can be found on romraider forums with the same username.

Plan is to maintain and daily drive it until turbo/ECM swap. I'll probably start with Tweecer and gather oem data and make adjustments to maximize response on the stock motor, and then swap to Baldur's LPC8, and then probably sell or keep the Tweecer and EEC-V as a package.

Am I wrong in thinking that a 1988cc, cast iron, aluminum head, 16v DOHC motor with variable exhaust cam timing is a potential platform to build, and maybe it's kinda slept on?

If you look up Ford Focus SVT stuff that will open a whole world of ideas for your 2.0 Contour.

Everyone builds 2.5 V6s and SVTs. Dare to be different and have some fun with that Zetec!

If you build that Zetec into a screamer, come back here to post updates. Other local zetec fans are helping me drop another zetec into my Contour after a head gasket blew. While I am i
nclined to mod it (headers, intake, valve/cam timing, tune, exhaust) I'd more likely stay NA. Whereabouts are you in Oregon? I'm near Portland.

Back