• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New here with a question

Mongoose

New CEG'er
Im just wondering how everybody lowers the CSVTs? Im sure there is springs and what out there but what are the best deals on stuff like that? Has anybody cut their springs and how much? Any info would be helpful, thanx

we lower our car properly, please read the FAQ in this section.

dont cut or heat the springs, your car will suffer from it.
i used eibach sport springs.

not stupid i know what it does, just was wondering if anybody has every done that and how much did they cut out. how much did you lower yours?

We do not cut our springs here. Even discussing it is a nono....

ok i get the point, it messes with ride quality and this and that yada yada........... my bad i know im just a newb here i guess working in a dealership mainly with Ford for several years doesnt mean crap. Even with all that being said 2 people have come in here just to poop on my parade and nobody has given the first damn suggestion on what i should use or even look.

1985 Mustang LX Coupe, Iron headed 302, Dynamic C4 with trans. brake, 2 COILS CUT OUT OF REAR SPRINGS, 6.50's in 1/8th mile with a shot of gas

Ok goose..I Use Eibach springs on stock struts and I am happy with the ride. Most will upgrade to struts that are more suitable for lowering springs, but I just dont care....:laugh:

Do some more research. Enjoy the car and

Welcome to CEG!!!!!!!!!!

~J

Because there's 2 damn stickies at the top of this forumn that will answer everything you're asking???

ok i get the point, it messes with ride quality and this and that yada yada........... my bad i know im just a newb here i guess working in a dealership mainly with Ford for several years doesnt mean crap. Even with all that being said 2 people have come in here just to poop on my parade and nobody has given the first damn suggestion on what i should use or even look.

1985 Mustang LX Coupe, Iron headed 302, Dynamic C4 with trans. brake, 2 COILS CUT OUT OF REAR SPRINGS, 6.50's in 1/8th mile with a shot of gas

reading comprehension evades you...

working at a dealership you should KNOW that cutting coils is not safe or smart.

if your on a budget, save up and do it right.

Got a mate who likes the cheap chop lowering thing, one year on most of his strut and stops are ••••ed out so yer get a kit spax eiback koni all good.

no one here is raining on your parade ....

people here do not cut springs, so you are not going to find any information on how to do that or how much, etc.

people here buy lowering springs or suspension packages. all are discussed in the stickie at the top of the forum.

Back