• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need motor and trans mount info

windssurfer

New CEG'er
I have a 99 Contour SE with V6 L series engine. VIN# 1FAFP66L2XK117187 Auto trans.
I can't seem to find specific info on this site by searching motor or trans mounts.

My shop told me the "top trans mount" needs to be replaced and is a dealer only part costing $260. He gave me a part number FR5Z6068B that I cannot find anywhere, not even on Ford parts sites.

Can anyone tell me how many mounts or roll restrictors there are on the engine and trans and exactly where they are located? I cannot get a good description from the shop guy.

Can all mounts or restrictors or mount inserts be bought aftermarket?

I see top tranny mounts on parts lists for much less than $260 but want to verify. I have not had a chance to look at this myself as I work ridiculous hours and can only check it during the weekend.

I also need to replace the "front motor mount" as he describes it. The part number he gave me YS2Z6038BA shows up on ford parts lists but I was wondering what I should look for aftermarket to replace it.

I have a Contour service manual CD but is impossible to find info on any of the mounts or roll restrictors.

I would like to replace these myself if it does not involve special tools or great difficulty/long hours.

There are three trans mounts - front, rear, and top. The top mount is located just underneath the air filter assembly.Pop it out of there to see what you're dealing with.

The "front motor mount" he describes is the front trans mount. The only mount that bolts to the actual engine block is the one on the passenger's side top.

There are three trans mounts - front, rear, and top. The top mount is located just underneath the air filter assembly.Pop it out of there to see what you're dealing with.

The "front motor mount" he describes is the front trans mount. The only mount that bolts to the actual engine block is the one on the passenger's side top.

Great info! This is much appreciated.

Is it true the top trans mount is not available aftermarket?
From what I've read it seems like the front and top mounts are easy to r & r. Is this true? My shop quoted a total of 3 1/2 hours labor by the book.

Thanks Andy.

I'm not certain if it's available aftermarket for the automatic or not; I know British American Transfer used to sell them. They are still listed on page 27 of their catalog for the automatic, for $141.60. You'd have to call to see if it's still available, as they do sell out of parts pretty frequently.

The top mount is pretty much dead simple to R&R. It's in 2 parts - one bolted to the trans, and one bolted to the "frame rail", joined together by one bolt through a rubber insulator. Unless I'm REALLY missing something peculiar to the automatic transaxle, I have no idea where 3.5 hours would come from.

technically there is only one trans mount, one engine mount and two roll restrictors. The roll restrictors often get called trans mounts because of where they bolt to the trans case.

I also agree, I do not know where 3.5 hours comes from for the trans mount. Its directly under the airbox and not hard to get to. I do not recall the atx one being very different from the mtx mount. I do beleive the rear roll restrictor is a pain to replace with the atx since it sits above the subframe where as the mtx one is under.

The upper mount is F5RZ 6068-B (your guy mixed the 5 and the R up). It is available aftermarket. A company named DEA makes them, and they should be around $50 or so.

The upper mount is F5RZ 6068-B (your guy mixed the 5 and the R up). It is available aftermarket. A company named DEA makes them, and they should be around $50 or so.

You guys are awesome. Incredible info!! Google images of this part show 2 different images; one is a cones shaped rubber peice with a bolt thru the other is a circular piece bracket. which one is correct?
31GAO8ri0bL._SL500&#95.jpg 30038a..jpg

This shop I have been going to for years; the owner is amazing, honest and accurate and his work is always right on and his prices are more than fair. He built a huge biz due to his honesty. His new service writer he had to hire because the biz went thru the roof knows nothing. Unfortunately service writer is owner's relative.

Top trans mount for SE V-6 Auto trans

Top trans mount for SE V-6 Auto trans

Maybe for an ATX car, neither of the SVT roll restrictors look like that.
15300071_anh_2873_pri_mini.jpg

I ended up buying every mount that was offered by Advanceauto and AZ and will return the wrong ones. The first one is the correct one for the auto trans.
P/N was 2873 made by Anchor.
AdvanceAuto had them in stock at almost every local store here for $60 with $20 off discount if you buy on line and pick up in store. I bought it and installed it today. Airbox needed to be removed to access it. Best to remove the 3 bolts from the bracket to frame/fender before removing the center bolt. I had to jack the trans up and down to align each bolt when reinstalling it which was a bit tricky but I finally got all the bolt holes to line up. Took me less than an hour. Autozone sold just the rubber insert for $60 but it is nearly impossible to remove the old rubber insert from the bracket.
The AA unit was complete with bracket and rubber insulator in place for less $$$.
Could not have done this without all the help received from the folks on this form. Many thanks Again!!!

Now on to the front mount.

Last edited:
Front Trans mount for SE V-6 Auto

Front Trans mount for SE V-6 Auto

20300237_anh_2885_pri_mini.jpg
Front trans mount was also available from AA. Anchor P/N 2885. AA lists it for $19 but with discounts was able to buy it for $12. It is sold as the rubber insert. It was a b__ch to get it out by trying to unbolt it from the secondary bracket between rad fans and engine but after wrestling and wiggling for a 1/2 hour I was finally able to manuever it out from the bottom. Easy to pop out the broken rubber from inside the metal mount and pop in the new rubber. Had the same nightmare getting the mount back in the same way but after another 1/2 hour was able to wiggle and wrestle it into place in the secondary bracket. AA calls these Anchor Mounts - Engine - Tramission

Back