• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need Help On Writing A Dispute For A Fine

kw8z3boi

Veteran CEG'er
My Friend got fined $95 ($47.50 for each) for going on a toll road without paying. It was my fault because I told him what to do. We went on the wrong lane or something and didn't know because it was our first time taking toll road and got lost.

So here's the story. We were on our way to UCI. So from Westminster going the 405 South, then merged to 73 South, Exited University. Then Stayed at UCI for about 2 hours. After that, we had a hard time finding our way back to the 73 North, some how we ended up on 73 South (CRAP GOT LOST) and all of a sudden, the have to go through a toll road, so my friend didn't which lane to stay on, so the went to the one all the way on the right. Then we just passed the paying booth I guess but that lane didn't have the arm down. So we thought toll road works by paying when you exit or something. So we exited the first exit after getting on the freeway. Then Finally got back on the 73 North. Then right when we're on it, another toll road booth, then he was on the lane on the left which I guess didn't have the arm down so we just went without knowing. Then after the 73 North, we merged to 405 North then home. We're just 18 years old and never took a toll road before haha. I hope many of you can help me write a dispute because it's due on June 27 or else it the fine will be double.

Thanks,

Steve

your friend is screwed, pay the fine....ignorance of the law is no excuse

i used to live literally down the street from uci....next time stay on 405 south from westminster and get off on jamboree....make a right off the freeway and head a mile or two up the road.

make a left on campus (thats the street name) and the next street you'll see a couple miles up should be university drive...uci will be across the light on your righthand side. from campus/university you can make a right turn and go up university with uci on you left, or stay on campus another 1/2 or and go in at the entrance there.

imo much easier than tryin to find your way around the back as you guys did

and for future knowledge, i dont think any of the toll booths in o.c. have arms that block the lane...they may have red or green light illuminated or something like that when you get to the booth slow down or stop and figure out if you need to pay or not....you usually will have to

just re-read your post and saw you guys actually got lost leaving uci, not trying to get there...

anyway, as best as i can remember, come out to campus drive from uci, make a left and follow campus all the way around past john wayne airport...when you come to bristol st there will be two right lanes, get in the leftmost lane (the one nearest traffic going straight through intersection)....the reason you'll want that lane is that the onramp for 73 north to 405 will be on the left side of bristol after you make the turn.

(that part of bristol is one-way and you'll want to turn into left lane so you can merge onto the 73 ramp)

i actually haven't driven that path in about 3 yrs now, but should be the same im guessing.

hope this isn't too confusing, cuz i know what im talking but can barely understand it myself right now :eek:

if it was a few years back when they first opened it you may have a chance, but now:nonono:. Money so tight around the state these days their squeezing every dime they can get their hands on.

Back