• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nautilus is now an SCT performance dealer

warmonger

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey guys I know this post will be an advertisement which is not allowed, but on the other hand I'm only going to post it to inform people of this option.

This way we can save people a lot of grief if they are going to a tuner who does not know Contours/Cougars/Mystiques and the peculiarities of the engine. We will now be able to tune all Ford Cars from 88-2007 with either the xcal2 or a chip. We are waiting to buy the chip burner until there are enough requests for it as the xcal2 is the best device for this but we will buy one as it becomes necessary.
We do not have codes for Mustang,Lightning,Focus as they are sold separately. However we can order them on an individual basis if someone needs it done and would like us to tune for them.....and yes we are capable of tuning these vehicles.

www.nautilusperformance.com

Any thoughts comments, testimonials, love mail, hate mail that people want to share, please throw it in here!

I just reflashed the first base tune file from Tom over the weekend.
The car was running very smoothly before the reflash. After the reflash, it feels even more smoother. It's amazing work because this is just the first base tune program. I can't wait to see subsequent fine tuning after I provide data logs.

Tom rocks!

Well, not completely ---

I had to buy another one (faster). SCT does not want to issue me an RMA# but instead insisting to go through a SCT authorized dealer. It can be any dealer. Once a RMA# is issued, the end user can ship to SCT and ask SCT to ship back to the user. However, I called 2 SCT dealers here in MD. None of them is willing to do that for me without my car being tuned by them. And you know how long my tune file has been sitting -- like over a month. So finally I just bought another one.

Now that you mentioned -- can you request a RMA# from SCT for me?

Thanks!

Not a problem at all, since I currently have a working unit that enables me to do all the reflash. I am not in any hurry at all.

Now I just need to load the Live Data program into my laptop computer and do the data log. Oh, I did test it out that the new cut off seems to be somewhere around 7250+ RPM. Funny this is the first time ever I rev'ed to this high (besides Trevor test drove the car when the swap was done). I didn't see it very clearly if it does reach 7400 RPM but seems like so.

Oh well, I am sure you will hear a lot from me when we get the car dialed in. :)

I can't decide whether to congratulate you...

or congratulate SCT Performance for adding a dealer who really knows what he’s doing!

This is good news! If only I had some business to send your way now!

I can't decide whether to congratulate you...

or congratulate SCT Performance for adding a dealer who really knows what he’s doing!

This is good news! If only I had some business to send your way now!

Man i can't wait until we see some numbers from your car. Even if you don't leave it in "dyno trim" for track use or daily driving, whatever you will use it for, please...push the thing close to the edge on the dyno! I wanna see a 500whp duratec rollin' around this forum! If i could ever get done with school i would try :(

Back