• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mystique grill on 'Tour

Neva2wicked

New CEG'er
I've been thinking about this quite a bit and was wondering if the grill of the 98 'stique would fit on a 98+ 'tour. I know the headlights are slightly different where the grill (from either model) intersects with the headlights, but if the grille bolts up and somewhat covers the top area of the 'tour lights, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

I've heard/read/searched on this, and what I came up with is that you would have to swap headlights, hood, grille, and the headlight panel, but I'm not looking for a complete swap (since I also read that you can't have hightowers on mystiques). Just looking for some clarification on this.

Much appreciated.

From what I've researched, you are right. Headlights, grill, hood, and header panel. I was thinking about doing the same thing as I just replaced my headlights, grill and header panel from my winter fender bender. The big thing for me was that the parts were WAY more expensive (new headlights, replace the hood).
Erick --

There may also be fitment issues with the bumper. My brother had an SVT front bumper on his Mystique and the grill did not sit right with the 'tour bumper. The grill could not fit flush against the header panel, but it wasn't really that bad. I think I may have some pictures somewhere, if I find them I will post them.

i bet

i bet

My brother's old 98 Mystique had hightowers and it looked awesome. The 98+ Mystique looks kinda mean as it is, but the hightowers really intensified it.

it sucks cause the mystique hood is amazing but i like the tour grill more, i want to take a mystique hood and cut it to my grill but way to lazy and exact. and pics of the tique hightowers

If you could post pics, if you find them, that would be great.

Hope Armarv12 doesn't mind, one is the sickest Mystiques on here...

P1000131Large.jpg

IM000784m.jpg

yes!!!

yes!!!

i love it! i have been debating whether to do an svt kit or i really like the mystique front bumper i know it sounds wierd but i do

Back