• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My trubendz came in!!

goinfasterthanu

New CEG'er
I had a little cash sitting around so i got a cai and a trubendz non rez cat back with the magnaflo muffler... Sounds very GOOD..i still have stock headers and cat. I know when i open it up ill have to put in a res.. It does not drone at all.. I was worried about it as i have been thru all the loud mufflers stage with my hondas over the years...

Fitment ....Well it fit VERY good ..AFTER 250$ of labor..lol.... One hanger was way off on the drivers side... The clamps did not work , they tightened them and they still were holding nothing..So i had it all welded...So after 1hour labor for install and hour and a half of welding and fixing it fits perfect!!!

Yes i could have gotten it done cheaper and x-name muffler shop..But i wanted it to fit 100%......So i took it to the place that build my 350+ whp civic...

IMG_0666-1.jpg

Over All im happy with it.....

looks good man! why does trubendz state that the standard cat backs are for NON svt cars...yet they have a cat back installed on one with a pic they provide? anyone know?:shrug: either way i like it

Looks pretty sweet do you have any pictures from underneath or sound clip up??
My friend just got a trubendz non res cat back with the borla muffler he hasn't installed it yet...250 for the labor is pretty rough though

Yea i noticed that.... lol..... I should also say it did make power. I can tell a good bit... It killed no low end, if anything its better...and the car revs more freely up top...

Looks pretty sweet do you have any pictures from underneath or sound clip up??
My friend just got a trubendz non res cat back with the borla muffler he hasn't installed it yet...250 for the labor is pretty rough though

Yea ill take some more tomorrow..Its going to be dark out when i get home....

Thanks all

Well the place i use is 100hr.... They normally do more race type stuff...But they did this job for me.. It was 100 for the install ..But then it didnt fit and the tips were off so i had to have that fixed...Then as if that was not enough..None of the slip joints locked down when the clamps were tight so it all needed to be welded..Another hr of labor...Then supplies ...tax, ect it came out to just under 250...... Like i said i wanted it to be perfect....

I could have do the job my self..I have done a ton of swaps in hondas...But after reading some of the posts about fitment issues i took it to somewhere who could make it fit no matter , and have it look good...

Looks like my car, but I got the Borla non resonated exhaust. Looks good. How loud is the sound?

looks good man! why does trubendz state that the standard cat backs are for NON svt cars...yet they have a cat back installed on one with a pic they provide? anyone know?:shrug: either way i like it

The site should say the standard catback is only for the SVT cars, because the non-svt does not have the hanger on the passenger side. IIRC the site says that they fit on non-svt as well, if you add a hanger.

Did your pipes have the hangers welded? When I ordered my pipes, the hangers were not welded and not even in the box. They were sent seperate to me after I called ing and they said they don't send them out attached to the pipes. Even though the picture shows it.

The site should say the standard catback is only for the SVT cars, because the non-svt does not have the hanger on the passenger side. IIRC the site says that they fit on non-svt as well, if you add a hanger.

ok thanks buddy, that is very helpful, thanks for answering!:cool:

Did your pipes have the hangers welded? When I ordered my pipes, the hangers were not welded and not even in the box. They were sent seperate to me after I called ing and they said they don't send them out attached to the pipes. Even though the picture shows it.

Yea they were welded...Didnt fit but were there.....

Back