• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

mounting pass side ballast...?

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
looking for a good place to mount it and i read on the instructions that it cannot be above 105 degrees or it will shut off, and pretty much all around any mountable place would probably be that hot, so im wondering where have you guys mounted them in the past?

I have 6 ballast in my SVT, I took the bumper off and put them by the washer bottle on the passenger side and lined them up in the same place on the driver side, looks clean and no problems what-so-ever. I even drove in Tropical Storm Hanna this weekend and the ballasts didn't even get affected by the water. Got pics if youd like to see them.

I have 6 ballast in my SVT, I took the bumper off and put them by the washer bottle on the passenger side and lined them up in the same place on the driver side, looks clean and no problems what-so-ever. I even drove in Tropical Storm Hanna this weekend and the ballasts didn't even get affected by the water. Got pics if youd like to see them.

6 ballasts!? My guess is high, low, and fogs. I sure hope you didn't put them in the highs :nonono:

Back