• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mondeo ST200

monkey_matt

CEG'er
Just had the ST dyno'd a few days back, just some pics for you guys, vid coming soon as well

P2240179.jpg

ST200Dyno015.jpg

The figures are

BHP at Flywheel: 189.6 at 6798rpm
BHP at Wheels: 135ish
Torque: 155.6lbft at 6049rpm

then a few cars you might recognise turned up

a Little V6 chevy truck!
P2240191.jpg

its BIGGER brother!
P2240188.jpg

the Saleen Mustang
P2240192.jpg

P2240194.jpg

P2240193.jpg

P2240197.jpg

dont know, looking at the threads on here they are done diferently over here, for one, all we do is give them the car, then they do all the driving and such, some computery things and then after about 5 mins and 2 runs later (and after the lovely sound of the V6 still in the air (impressing the 2 Evo drivers there)), the chart is given to us

Think they messure the transmission loss then add it onto the wheel BHP

i have a soft spot for mustangs as well, so loved it when it turned up

Yeah the ST200 is standed.......for now

and everyone loves that blue

lol, aye, well was talking to the saleen owner and its tuned even higher than standed, was very nice espes when it revved up........

.....until it drove away, and then sounded awful, and got to the junction nearby................................

.........................and thats as far as it got, it broke down!!!!!!

all you have to do for a rough # is take your hp at wheels and factor in 10-15% loss. or you could actually go through your whole drivtrain with the ratios and actually figure it out. but 10-15% drivetrain loss is a base #

dont know, looking at the threads on here they are done diferently over here, for one, all we do is give them the car, then they do all the driving and such, some computery things and then after about 5 mins and 2 runs later (and after the lovely sound of the V6 still in the air (impressing the 2 Evo drivers there)), the chart is given to us

Think they messure the transmission loss then add it onto the wheel BHP

The dyno measures the power at the wheels, same as we do over here. Then the computer will do the back-calculation for engine flywheel power.
We don't do that over here very often. Mainly there are two reasons. The equations that the computer uses to do the back calculation can be skewed to read high or low if they want, and when it comes to power the rolling chassis dyno measures what gets put to the ground through the transmission. That is the only power that matters anyway. We really aren't just comparing engines but we are comparing drivetrains.

I don't think big drivetrain loss was what he was getting at. I took it as the drivetrain calculation was incorrect and your flywheel figure should be lower. I may be wrong tho....

Back