• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

mil eliminator

O2 must remain in the exhaust itself to plug the bung.

operational ability of the sensor is irrelevant either way Working or not, the mil-eliminator fakes the signal anyway.

well looking at the diagram it looked as though you had to leave it pluged in. doesnt the mil just modify the signal rather then create a false signal. The way I understood it was, you put the circuit inline with the 02 sensor and the sensor creates a signal the the circuit changes it. So if what your saying works I should just have to create the circuit hook it up and it doesnt even have to connect to the sensor?

the circuit does not "create" the signal.. it is merely a buffer. Takes the rapidly changing signal and slows it down (smooths it out, etc) like a functional O2 would.

exactly. The circuit is not removing the neccesity of HAVING a lower O2 sensor there..
The lower o2 sensor measures the amount of fuel in the exhaust, AFTER it has passed through the cats. The cats will remove most and thus, the reading by the lower sensor should be lower, and smoother (not as rapidly swinging from each pulse of ignition).

When you remove the cats for headers, or gut the cats the lower o2 will simply see the SAME thing that the uppers do. This, to the PCM, indicates a failing/failed cat and triggers the CEL. This circuit takes the rapidly swinging signal that a lower O2 will see with no cats there to buffer the exhaust, and simply.. buffers it for you.

Its like placing an electronic catalytic converter after your O2 sensor but before the PCM. End result is the same.. your PCM still sees a slower and lower signal than the upper o2 sensors see and thinks that your cats are working fine.

It is very easy to make one and totally removes check engine code from aftermarket systems. Had a buddy make one last night for 6 bucks, works flawlessly.
mildiagramra0.png

the problem is both the downstream sensor are bad. I sold the car and the guy cut the wires off because they were failing. well I have to car back now with the motor out doing a 3L and want to fix it. I just dont want to have to buy 2 new 02 sensors .

Back