• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Microfiber wash

hetfield

or hetfeild
I've had the same microfiber towels for a few years now, and I'm noticing that they've lost a lot of their soft feel and a little absorbing power. I believe some of that may be caused by washing them in a regular powder detergent which is fairly harsh. I don't think they're causing any scratching or anything, but I'm wondering if that will change.

All of the detailing supply websites have some sort of microfiber-specific wash detergent for sale that promises to rejuvinate old towels and keep new ones working like new for longer. Has anyone tried any of this stuff? Should I switch to something like Woolite instead? Or is it just time to replace towels after three years?

Liquid detergent only. Wash in warm water. Rinse in warm water with about a cup of distilled white vinegar. Then rinse one more time.

Tumble dry medium heat with those little blue dryer softening balls that help bounce them around and fluff them up.

Hopefully that will rejuvenate them a little.

I haven't tried the special washes -- some seem to like 'em, some don't.

I use the above routine (and only do the extra vinegar rinse once in a while), and the only time I have trouble with towels is when my cheap ones get old.

dude break down and buy some new towels their prob. cheaper than the detergent

Back