• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Messed Rim and Tire

kw8z3boi

Veteran CEG'er
edit: Dang I messed up on the tittle, is suppose to be Messed Up Rim and Tire.

What does it mean when the lip of the rim crack and the tire is all bumpy (like bubble)? This happened when the rim was on my friend's civic and whe I push the car down to test the suspension, I looked at the rim and it was cracked on the lip and the tire look really messed up. :cry:

it means the rim is junk and the side wall of the tire is shot :shrug:

and just so you know, if you take it to a tire shop, they cannot let your car leave the shop without replacing the tire, or throwing on the spare.

did you go to a reputable tire company or one of those corner shops? any car that comes into NTB with a tire that is not repairable must either buy a new tire, put on the spare, or sign a release that says we are not responsible if anything happens

I had a nail in my sidewall one day and I took it to the tire place so they can mount my already mounted tires on my car and they wouldnt do it. Liability issues.

did you go to a reputable tire company or one of those corner shops? any car that comes into NTB with a tire that is not repairable must either buy a new tire, put on the spare, or sign a release that says we are not responsible if anything happens

I went to where my friend works at BJs... He was not the one in the tire department though... Maybe it was because they did not have any of the right size tires in stock?

Ok finally got some pictures.

Rim1FrontSidewall.jpg

Rim1RearSidewall.jpg

Rim1CrackLip.jpg

At least you've got a good paperweight, there. Many wheel repair shops (like Rimpro in my area) will not be interested in repairing a cracked wheel. However, perhaps you'll find a market for the remaining three good ones.

I had a nail in my sidewall one day and I took it to the tire place so they can mount my already mounted tires on my car and they wouldnt do it. Liability issues.
Wait, they won't mount used tires? I badly curbed one of my wheels within 500 miles of getting new tires.. and I figured within the next few months I'd just get a new wheel and remount it. Damn. :shrug:

Back