• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

major power loss

adam e

CEG'er
Ok I have done some work to my csvt and now I'm having major power issues I can't figure out why it just is not making any sense to me. I did a egr delete cleaned the upper and lower intake replace the gaskets oil change. Before I did those things she ran like a charm now it barely wants to go over 40. If anyone has had this problem please help me out. I need to get it running good again so I can sellthe motor for my 3l. Thank you in advance

imrc works.

we think it may possible be a clogged cat but his y pipe is to rusty to get it off without breaking the bolts in the manifold
when i get a afternoon free from work im going to go back over and look more into it

Being that my egr tube blew up I'm pretty sure it's my cats. All I know for sure is we really need to fix this issue and fast

Being that my egr tube blew up I'm pretty sure it's my cats. All I know for sure is we really need to fix this issue and fast
sounds like it could be. I had a small hose come off on the rear bank when my main cat broke inside

took the y pipe off and the flex tubing and the front pre cat we drilled a hole and used a long screwdriver and the rear pre cat you can get with pretty much anything

Back