• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

magic rub

mystiquevltwin

Hard-core CEG'er
so I've been hearing a creak in the front of the car lately, only to find out yesterday that I have a broken spring.

Since the rest of the suspension is already shot and I had planned on going lower this summer anyways, where is the best (cheapest) place to buy either a BAT kit, or Koni's?

Anyone looking to sell?!?!

Stock height = OK...

If you're gonna lower it, do it right.... Don't just cheap out and buying lowering springs and struts.... Buy all the right stuff and get your car aligned by a reputable shop.

Defiantly. Like I said, I'm either going to buy Koni's or a BAT kit, and its looking like they will have to be new :blackeye:

I've got a reputable alignment shop. If they can fix this, I think I'll be ok ;)

i can has lows. you cans too
3568353990_c2530e3a5d.jpg

I agree with everyone though. During the whole build of my car if i have learned anything its buy quality components so you only have to buy once.

Nothing sucks more then buying cheap and then having to spend the money to get the good stuff later anyways.

Nothing sucks more then buying cheap and then having to spend the money to get the good stuff later anyways.

Thats true. I plan to keep the car for a while and id like to not have to do another spring/stut job anytime in the future (after I replace the current ones that it)

On a scale of 1-10, how bad f a job is it to replace spring/struts on these cars?

Thats true. I plan to keep the car for a while and id like to not have to do another spring/stut job anytime in the future (after I replace the current ones that it)

On a scale of 1-10, how bad f a job is it to replace spring/struts on these cars?
i have dealt with worse lol. It really isnt that bad

The only thing Im worrying about are all the bolts. Im pretty mechanically inclined, and I feel comfortable about doing the job, but those 11 year old rusted bolts are what grind my gears...we'll see.

...and a breaker bar.

Got one of those too.

Where is the best place to buy a Koni Kit, or a BAT kit? I searched the forum, and I remember back in the day somewhere there was a stickied post about the best places to buy these from, but I can't find it anywhere!

Got one of those too.

Where is the best place to buy a Koni Kit, or a BAT kit? I searched the forum, and I remember back in the day somewhere there was a stickied post about the best places to buy these from, but I can't find it anywhere!
bat kit get from bat koni kit you might try ajusa cause we get a small dicount from them.

Back