• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

maf

Augi

CEG'er
i want to get a new maf for my car and have noticed that most people are using the mustang maf. do i have to do anything differant to my cars wiring or anything like that because it all looks differant from mine.

why do want a new MAF? what mods are you installing that will give you enough airflow to max out the stock MAF?

if so then you may have to get a different connector (a post98 should work) and then cut and splice wires. you will also HAVE to get a tune so the PCM knows the voltage references for the new MAF.

why do want a new MAF? what mods are you installing that will give you enough airflow to max out the stock MAF?

if so then you may have to get a different connector (a post98 should work) and then cut and splice wires. you will also HAVE to get a tune so the PCM knows the voltage references for the new MAF.

in other words: don't bother!

i noticed that lately my stock maf has been messing up after i clean it, it works for about a week and it messes up again. the only mods i really have are :jet performance chip, msd ignition (i know no power gains, but better spark for future and better than stock might as well upgrade when stock goes out) cold air intake and exhaust. im looking at getting bigger injectors and fpr, then walbro fuel pump, cams, gears, then working the internals. basically just building the crap out of it before I get a turbo.
anyways, I was told that I should replace my maf with a mustang maf, so im asking how.

btw anyone have any trouble from a jet chip? all i noticed was a smoother shift, no real gains.

if you're planning on getting a tune-up anyway, like after one of your next upgrades, then it probably wouldn't be a bad idea, but i'd just look into a cheapo salvage yard replacement for the current one.

Back