• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Madison, Wisconsin

Pudmunkie

Hard-core CEG'er
What members do we have in WI? I need something like a favor (/ you earn some cashola).

anyone?

Madison wisconsin, thus the title.

I know nothing of the state of the city so I couldnt tell you where it is in said city.

I could do it for $20 on friday. I leave work at 3 and can be there by 4:15. Me no have AIM :cry:

You don't seem to be hurting for bodies in and around Madison.

I don't have AIM either. Regardless, I'm also in Madison and I've got a lot of time on my hands lately. Has Philly already picked up the task? Maybe those nice folk that already replied would like to make it a little event and go for a beer (or two) afterwards?

When are you needing the pics. by?

This is where the car is:

You can see it any time at 2614 Damon Rd., right next to Perkins on the frontage road of the W Beltline. It is the office of Professional Pest Control--if you are there from 8:30 to 4:30 the office has a key so you could get inside.

sAnyone that can go and take a look and take me some very good pictures of all 4 sides, the interior, the engine bay, and the underside. Pretty much anything you would want to see if you were considering buying a car.

Its a cheap BMW I want to pick up for a project, but I don't want it to be a basket case.... The woman who has been responding to me seems to be fairly nice; an insurance agent or saleswoman I think.

I can deff. toss Gas money to anyone that can go look but I don't want to make anyone go out of their way. I'm trusting you hooligans to not buy it out from under me :)

So.... Who's game?

I'm not sure if its inside or out, or if its viewable on the weekends... I sent an email to confirm.

Let me know how available the car is (inside/outside, weekdays/weekends) and who to contact for a viewing if it's necessary. I could possibly do it over the weekend if it's available. Or, better yet, I could go early next week during the day. I'm jobless these days so, I'm available pretty much anytime. And, since I'm jobless, there is no fear that I'll be buying it out from under you. :laugh:

Have you already done a search, on the year and model, for things to be aware of (mechanical or body)? If there are known issues, I'd love to know so I can get specific pictures for you. Or, if there are any other specific concerns you have, let me know.

David

David,

I appreciate the help!

The engine is seized or something... I don't really car, its getting a transplant.

Im most concerned with the amount and location of rust. But check the doors and make sure they all open from all directions (in and out).

anything else that looks funky let me know! I can send some $$ your way afterwards.

I drive on the beltline daily and go past that area twice a day.. depending on the weather and when I get done with work (I go in earlier than the ok'd time) I might be able to swing by and check something out.

Sweet, my email is my user name @gmail.com

Sooner the better, I found one in Kansas!

Last edited:
Back