• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lug nut key broke!!

chinaski

CEG'er
i need some help finding where i can get a key for this lug nut set, im not going to reuse these nuts after i take them off. the piece of crap broke when i was takin off my wheels today and now i can barely tighten the lug nuts down... ghetto rigged the key with some tape. sorry for the big pics

P1010184.jpg

P1010179.jpg

You can always try ghetto rigging it with tape to keep it together theeeen use a hose clamp. Have you contacted the manufactor of yoru lugs?

force a 12 point socket on em
thats a pretty standard key you should be able to get one at a local auto parts or wheel shop...ive got a couple of em

if you cant find one the socket will work

awesome, thanks for the link, i just bought the key. im about to try bagged's idea right now cuz i still need to tighten a couple of the lugs better. ghetto rigging the key could only tighten them enough so that they would not loosen themselves while i drove home.

i managed to get the nuts off, just bought a new key from the link that was provided above. the new key actually feels better than the old key did... doesnt feel as cheap.

im aware of autobacs, i really want to go but it is a japanese company and focuses their products mainly to imports, well they did when my buddy checked it out last year.

Haha, I have those, they came with my ASA rims. Same exact thing happened. Except the part that broke off was stuck inside the rim. I had to eventually drill out the stud, snap it off, and replace the whole nut and stud. Then pay $20 to get a new key from Tire Rack. No socket I could find anywhere could clear the side of the rim. Didn't realize those lugs were so standard.

Back