• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LRD Update

DDV

CEG'er
(Little Red Dragon)

Stopped by the body shop today and they have made good progress on the car. The rear is straightened and primered, the front and rear bumpers are sanded and ready for primer, the hood is painted and installed, and he's made good progress on straightening out the radiator bracket.

Bugzuki went with me so they could look at the radiator bracket on his car to see how it lines up and what they need to do to mine.

I still owe them the front grill, the headlights, and the header panel, which is what the headlights mount to. I have everything but the header panel, which is scheduled to arrive on Friday. I was gonna go to the wrecking yard to pull one, but called it even at buying a new one. I really didn't feel like splashing around in the mud for a few hours digging one out of a car.

Soon, real soon, it'll be back on the road. And dangit, I am not putting the winter tires on it anymore! (It had winter tires on it the LAST time it got wrecked!)

You know, I didn't have my camera with me. I won't even bother taking pictures with my phone. It's embarrassing how bad they come out! But, the shop usually takes pictures of their projects, so I'll find out if he's doing that with my car. If not, I'll be going back there on Friday or Monday and will take some then.

The progress on the trunk well/rear frame. Notice the shiny new bumper. He painted the whole thing red, so there's no black on the lower part around the grill.

DSC00555b..jpg

Progress on the front. The front bumper is off the car and ready for paint. He might end up replacing the top of the radiator support bracket.

DSC00556b..jpg

Back